Hardy Geranium seedlings

gata(z5a NH)June 4, 2005

Hi. It's funny how the seeding out of geraniums varies from year to year. This spring in particular I have noticed many more Geranium nodosum seedlings than ever before. Have you noticed similar occurances?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
leo_prairie_view(2B Manitoba)

I have noticed the same thing. I am finding seedlings of G.macrorrhizum, lots of G. pratense and, much to my surprise,
G.'Brookside'. I can't wait to see how these come out.Then there is G. pyrenaicum which almost behaving like a weed this spring.
Leo

Bookmark   June 4, 2005 at 9:47PM
eden_in_me(5a Maine)

I thought I had lost all my G. pyrenaicum a few years ago.But this spring there are several new ones starting. Perhaps the seeds had laid dormant in the ground and all the rain we had in May brought them to life.
Tons of phaeum & maculata, quite a few Max Frei and even a Shepherd's warning.

Bookmark   June 7, 2005 at 12:01AM
morz8(Washington Coast Z8b)

No, can't say I've noticed a difference here, all my hardy geraniums seem to produce seedlings each year in approximately the same numbers....EXCEPT nodosum Svelte Lilac. The description reads self sows politely....it could be rude if it (they, there are two) wanted; I was hoping for seedlings and have never found any at all. Not even doing hands and knees searches; plants have been in the ground and blooming about 4 years.

Bookmark   June 7, 2005 at 7:37PM
More Discussions
My Geraniums Stopped Blooming, Can I get some help please?
My 10 year old geranium plants haven't bloomed since...
melissaoc1
my geranium fell from a ceiling hook
I'm hoping I can get some advice on my geranium. A...
msunn1973
Hardy Geraniums older thread.....
any additions of your favorites to this older thread: http://forums2.gardenweb.com/discussions/1632443/hardy-geraniums-revisited...
oldtimegal57
Geranium leaf turning yellow - picture attached
Hi, I have got 2 trailing geraniums. One is fine but...
Chellam
Starting from seed.Scarlet Pelargonium x Hortum
I will be starting Geranium inspire Scarlet Pelargonium...
ontheteam
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™