anyone growing datura inoxia?

tepelus(6a SW MI)July 4, 2007

I'm asking because I would like to get some seeds from someone who is growing it this year so I can start some for my garden next year. I'm still waiting to see if the three year old seeds I got from a friend will sprout, but if not I would really like to have some for next year. What I want are the plain, big white flowering variety that face up and open at night, nothing fancy. If you have brugmansia, that would be cool too, but I only want the datura.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
birdsnblooms

Tep, I have datura growing in my garden..don't know if it's the inoxia though..but your description fits those I have..If my daturas seed you're welcome to some..
They grow upwards, as bushes, w/large white flowers that open at night and cloudy days. Keep in touch..Toni

Bookmark   July 7, 2007 at 7:03PM
tepelus(6a SW MI)

Sounds like what i'm looking for. i planted some old seeds i got from a friend in hopes that they will sprout, been two weeks and nothing yet. i'll give them another week or two and if nothing then i know the seeds are bad. I'll try to send you an email, dunno if the email link will work or not, have yet to try it out, then we can keep in touch so when and if your datura seed, you can send me some. thanks for the reply! Karen

Bookmark   July 8, 2007 at 7:07AM
tepelus(6a SW MI)

BTW.....was looking through your photo album of your house plants, i really like the green and white variegated african violets, even when not if flower, very pretty! ;)

Bookmark   July 8, 2007 at 7:26AM
birdsnblooms

Tep, thanks..I got them at the Violet Barn..I have to move back in their window..they normally bloom 10 months out of the yr, but last year I moved plants around, setting C&S's in front of that window..now the only real sun AV's are getting in under artifical lighting and some indirect sun..Toni

Bookmark   July 8, 2007 at 6:21PM
More Discussions
Blooming in May
The thread is open :-)
true_blue
Petunia 'Cottage Queen'
Has anyone ever sniffed this petunia? I noticed it...
Robert (zone 7a, Oklahoma)
Just recieved my michelia alba!
Today I received my michelia alba that I bought from...
Andrew Scott
Lilac identifications
Hi all, Last year I purchased what I thought were two...
mabend
Wanted: Rare scented plants
I have many rare scented tropicals to swap. Please...
Tropical Gardener
Sponsored Products
Whitehaus WHKN1055 White Ceramic Round Above Mount Bathroom Sink Basin
$259.00 | Blue Bath
Sportsman Series Propane 4000 Watt Generator
Beyond Stores
Sports Team Vertical Frame
Home Decorators Collection
Home Decorators Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Home Decorators Collection Rugs
Home Depot
Ovar 46" High Antiqued Gold Wall Mirror
Lamps Plus