Help to identify

abykatJune 16, 2013

I saw this plant in my neighborhood and assume it to be a type of geranium by appearance. It is fairly small and was growing around some rocks with Day Lilly's planted above them. The variegated leaves are very pretty, pinkish with light green edges. The flowers are sparse, that is not in a tight head and are salmon pink. I would love to on one of these. Hope you can help me find out the variety, if it is in fact a geranium. Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
flora_uk(SW UK 8/9)

Yes it is definitely a Pelargonium (commonly known as Geraniums, but not actually Geranium species). There are literally hundreds of named varieties of Pelargonium. Your best bet would be to go to a nursery with your picture and try to find a close match. Alternatively they are very easy to grow from cuttings also, with permission, you might take a small sample and grow your own. BTW in 7b I don't think they will overwinter, unlike the day lilies they are growing amongst.

Here are some similar ones (Stellar Pelargoniums):

Here is a link that might be useful: Stellar Pelargoniums

Bookmark   June 17, 2013 at 4:50AM
abykat

Thank you for your answer. I checked out the link and sure enough that's it. I can now start looking for one to purchase.

Bookmark   June 17, 2013 at 3:32PM
abykat

Thank you for your answer. I checked out the link and sure enough that's it. I can now start looking for one to purchase.

Bookmark   June 17, 2013 at 3:33PM
More Discussions
Seed Geranium or Cutting for baskets
After growing several vegetables from seed I'm going...
obrionusa
Hardy Geraniums older thread.....
any additions of your favorites to this older thread: http://forums2.gardenweb.com/discussions/1632443/hardy-geraniums-revisited...
Patty57
Best way to care for this geranium?
Hi All, I have this geranium my girlfriend got somewhere...
sergtheuke
How to Improve Geranium Bloom Fullness?
Last year was my first year growing geraniums from...
kdog2568
Parks Maverick Mix Seeds - Good for starting from seed?
I have never grown geraniums from seed. My first choice...
pagenie1
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™