When can I expect Rozanne to flower?

outinthegardenallday(Zone 7, LI,NY)June 6, 2005

Greetings all. I bought my first Rozanne last year. She was potted up and kept on my front steps, facing North, receiving early morning sun. I transplanted her into the ground last Fall. She now gets afternoon sun for about 6 hours.

The plant has sprouted very nicely, with alot of foilage. But there are no flowers.

Can any you share when I might expect to start seeing some blooms?

Thanks!

Ciao,

OITGAD

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ShirleyD(z4b WI)

The Rozannes that I planted last spring do not have any buds yet either. They were slow to sprout this year but now have lots of foliage so I'm sure the buds will be appearing shortly. The new Rozannes I put in this year are full of buds! Its well worth the wait - mine bloomed continuously last year well into November!

Bookmark   June 7, 2005 at 6:26AM
outinthegardenallday(Zone 7, LI,NY)

Thanks Shirley. I appreciate your sharing that buds have not shown up on your Rozanne either. This was my first foray into perennial geraniums...this Spring I bought two Brookside as well. They're in the ground and blooming like crazy. I think the growers pump them up with alot of fertilzer to get them blooming earlier.

Anyway, thanks again.

Ciao,
OITGAD

Bookmark   June 7, 2005 at 7:20AM
tulipscarolan(z6 RIcoast)

My experience exactly! Last year I put
Rozanne in, and it started blooming right away in early May and kept going. This year it has huge awesome foliage, but no buds (well, I keep thinking there are buds, but they turn out to be leaf buds!!). I'm a little over-eager for the flowers, but at least the better-than-expected foliage is making me happy. But I hope it flowers before July!

Bookmark   June 10, 2005 at 8:14AM
freebird(z5/6PA)

I have Rozanne planted in several locations. One Rozanne (third summer)has been bloom for about two weeks. Two others (second summer)have been in bloom about a week. They all are in sunny locations. The Rozannes in part shade locations are just coming into bloom.

Bookmark   June 12, 2005 at 8:32AM
More Discussions
Geranium leaf turning yellow - picture attached
Hi, I have got 2 trailing geraniums. One is fine but...
Chellam
Will Geranium come back?
I have some geraniums that i planted in the fall and...
pinkkpearls
seeds from china fake or real?
I have been growing geranium from seeds for some time...
gonene1
Scented Geranium with Cactus Mix?
So I've seen a few places recommending adding sand...
garden.bum
pruning geraniums
I have several geraniums that went without water for...
rad1
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™