geranium problems

carole6July 7, 2007

This year, my geraniums have yellowing leaves,holes in leaves, & some are dying off.It is quite dry in my area this summer. I keep them watered, but what else could be going on? Thanks, & happy gardening to all.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
greenhouser(Middle TN Zone 6)

I'm in TN and I some of this effects mine also. It's very frustrating. The holes on mine were caused by a tiny green worm. I had to spray them to get rid of the worms. However the worms were not the cause of the yellowing - we can't figure out what is. The flower heads are smaller this year for some reason. All were repotted as usual in fresh new soil and get fertilized regularly.

I hope someone more knowledgable has the answer for us.

Another thing. A lot of plants are suffering from damping off out in the flower beds. Mostly impatiens and African daisy. We never had this problem before and we've lived here for years.

Bookmark   July 7, 2007 at 5:19PM
eden72(7bAr)

I am having many of the same problems. Yellowing leaves, very few blooms, scarce foliage and when it does bloom, the blooms are very small. I hope someone can help. I wanted geraniums because they give so much bang for the buck, but not this year:(

Bookmark   July 24, 2007 at 12:11PM
hopflower(z8/z15 CA Sunset)

Perhaps some of you are keeping them too well-watered. They like to dry out between waterings, and just stay moist intead of wet; which can cause yellowing leaves and rot. Also, a watering with a bit of fertiliser can help with the flowering. I use half-strength when I water the plants.

Bookmark   August 1, 2007 at 5:36PM
More Discussions
What is the name of this flower?
Hello, I was wondering if anyone knew the name of the...
Shaz79
Zonal geranium cuttings
I've been gardening for many years. Every fall I bring...
dowlinggram
Will Geranium come back?
I have some geraniums that i planted in the fall and...
pinkkpearls
Overwintering geraniums.
Hi folks I would like some advice. I have a raised...
averil
Starting from seed.Scarlet Pelargonium x Hortum
I will be starting Geranium inspire Scarlet Pelargonium...
ontheteam
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™