HAVE: Strep seeds Cherry Pie

barbcoleus(z10 Cape Coral,Fl)May 28, 2007

I have Cherry Pie Strep seeds to trade for other strep seeds or other gesneriads.

Barb

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
irina_co(z5 CO)

Barb -

the plants you can grow will be Cherry Pie x self, and since it is a hybrid to start with - the seedlings can be quite different from the parent - and if there will be a nice one - it can be even named. Only species streps as well as all other plants reproduce true from seed, the hybrids - you need a cutting.

I wanted to remind you that the National Convention of The Gesneriad Society is coming to Miami this year around the Independence day - and you can get the best and the newest and the rarest gessies for your collection.

If you like to start plants from seeds - The Gesneriad Society has an extensive seed fund and they send the seeds to the members for a nominal price. Please consider joining this group if you are not already there.

Good luck

Irina

Bookmark   May 31, 2007 at 3:11PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
barbcoleus(z10 Cape Coral,Fl)

Thanks for the information. I've traded away some of the seeds but I've saved some for myself. I usually start them in McDonald's yogurt cups. I've always wanted to find a list of dominant and recessive genes for streps so I could hybridize them in a more organized fashion rather than hit or miss. African violets have such a list.
I was at one time a member of the AGGS I must renew it.
Hopefully I'll be able to go to the national show.
Barb

Bookmark   May 31, 2007 at 6:24PM
More Discussions
WANTED: Wanted Episcia
Does anyone have episcia to trade for a v leaves. I...
jessie1754
WANTED: any pink leafed episcia stolen please
looking for episcias, will pay postage or trade violet...
lovesangels
HAVE: Sinningia Tubers & Cuttings
I would like to trade for sinningia tubers or cuttings....
rokky
HAVE: Sinningia
I have sinningia bananas foster and argentine hardy...
floridagirl
HAVE: Aeschynanthus radicans 'Rasta'
I posted this in the main Plant Exchange Forum as well,...
ashley05 (MI zone 6a)
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™