Dying Cranesbill Pratense Geranium

MarieLegoAugust 11, 2012

Help!! I recently purchased a small pot of the above plant. My 1st mistake was dividing it to share. Now I'm left with a dying few stalks. I've kept it as an indoor plant (good sunlight, not overwatering) but think I may lose the species altogether! I've tried placing a few stems in water to save. Any suggestions on how to revive this poor plant! Haven't seen it online (I've been looking for some time)--special soil, root tone?? H E L P !!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gardengal48

Not a houseplant. Likely not getting enough light indoors, not to mention lack of humidity. Really prefers to be outdoors and in the ground.

Shouldn't be hard to find. Geranium praetense is sold under many named forms by a whole bunch of mail order nurseries.

Bookmark   August 12, 2012 at 5:35PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
flora_uk(SW UK 8/9)

G pratense is a British and European wildflower which grows abundantly along road sides here. This shows you the conditions it likes. Plenty of light, water and fresh air and no extremes of temperature, especially not heat. No fancy soil or fertilisers. If your remnants have any roots get them outside asap, plant them, water them and hope. Don't baby them except for ensuring they have enough to drink. Putting stems in water will not help as it doesn't grow from cuttings.

Here is a link that might be useful: Meadow cranesbill

Bookmark   August 14, 2012 at 4:17AM
More Discussions
Will Geranium come back?
I have some geraniums that i planted in the fall and...
pinkkpearls
Overwintering geraniums.
Hi folks I would like some advice. I have a raised...
averil
Citaniila geraniums
im in need of some happy colored geraniums.. id like...
sewnmom7
Help...my geranium looks pitiful!
Can somebody tell me what I need to do to revive my...
plant_lover_grow
Seed Geranium or Cutting for baskets
After growing several vegetables from seed I'm going...
obrionusa
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™