ylang ylang and lancepod tree

jupiterplants(10/A)July 7, 2007

Hi,

I Have a ylang ylang , and a Lancepod tree. Both are very small. I am not overly familiar with either one. I know both are evergreen with a flower I will like. I was wondering how both would do as a tree to grow other things under?

I think the ylang ylang tree wont grow as tall or as fast in my yard because of the cooler weather ( african tulip tree stays short ) . I also know that it is a little brittle.

What about the Lancepod?

I have some bromeliads convalescing in a part of the yard that not accessible thanks to mother nature. I am itchen to get them out.

Can I keep these small and get dabbled light from them ? How are they to sit under ?

I posted this the first time on the Florida gardening forum. But the only reply I got was how big they will grow. I am in zone 10 a and about 12 miles inland.

Anybody growing these trees in zone 10 ?

Thanks,

D`Ann

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ankraras(8/9AZ)

Ylang Ylang tree, I am assuming you are referring to Cananga odorata. This tree can effectively get as tall as 30-35 feet unless of course you happen to have a smaller variety. Both can be keep as a small tree by pruning if you so chose.

Is Lancepod a weed in your area?

Bookmark   July 9, 2007 at 8:24PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jupiterplants(10/A)

When I googled lancepod It came up with dade county adopt a tree program. I guess they are being promoted as a tree to plant.

I have already decided to plant both of them........ hey that is what they make chainsaws for

Bookmark   July 10, 2007 at 1:14PM
More Discussions
Your 2015 wish list
Okay. I'm sort of ashamed to admit that I've already...
Robert (zone 7a, Oklahoma)
chloranthus spicatus
I gave a cutting of chloranthus spicatus to a friend...
donnagoetz
My Gardenia is dying because of spider mites,what to do?
Gardenia dying off below pic Ok to start with this...
Marwa Mars
Ixora odorata
Hello, does anyone have this on the mainland U.S.A.?...
donnagoetz
Jasminum Sambac Grand Duke supreme
I have found Jasminum Sambac Grand Duke Supreme plants...
bunti
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™