Rose retailers in the Metro Atl area?

mykidsmom(7b8a)April 13, 2014

Hi, everybody! Happy Spring!

I was wondering if anyone has seen any particularly nice looking roses (I'd prefer potted roses instead of bare root ones this late in spring). Any where in the Atlanta area, but especially in the Gwinnett/DeKalb areas (East of Atlanta). My dear husband surprised me today by digging up (and amending) a nice long bed (about 3' by 24') next to the veggie garden and I would love to find some nice roses and plan to interplant some other flowers for cutting. (I plan to use some Shasta daisies, glads, and dahlias, but I'm open to other suggestions, too!) Thanks!

And yes, I already know - and LOVE - the Loganville Growers Outlet - I swear I check their availability list almost every day! (Okay - I confess - I probably check it at least 3 or more times a day - but I don't want to sound obsessive!) I was just there last week, but didn't check out their roses because I didn't know I was getting this new bed - but I think they mostly have landscaping type roses like the Drift and Knock-out series - somebody let me know if they have any Hybrid Teas or Olde English/David Austin types, or Grandiflora or floribunda types!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ritmatt(GA 7b)

I also love Family Tree Nursery in Snellville. It's a bit of a haul from my place in Suwanee (good thing - I'd be in there every week!). Happy hunting.

Bookmark   April 13, 2014 at 7:45AM
buford(7 NE GA)

Ditto Family Tree Nursery. Also Autumn Hill is a good source if you don't mind a drive. They do carry Austins. However they are in Woodstock, but worth the drive.

I belong to the Greater Gwinnett Rose Society and we were just at Family Tree. They have a lot of roses, mostly HTs. They are waiting on a big shipment. Our group may be back there the last Saturday in April to help people with rose purchases. Hope to see you there. Of course I couldn't be there without coming home with a rose. I got Gold Medal.

Bookmark   April 15, 2014 at 11:56AM
mykidsmom(7b8a)

Thanks, y'all! I just called Family Tree about the new shipment of roses and was told they just got a bunch of 2 gallons in this morning! I'm heading over there tomorrow morning!

Bookmark   April 15, 2014 at 12:33PM
More Discussions
pomegranates
UGA's website said that most named pomegranates do...
esthermgr
Where should I plant a fatsia japonica?
Other than, in a milder climate. I've had it in a pot...
esga
winter veggies in straw bale garden?
I have used the straw bale gardening method in spots...
katy_bug
Landscape plant suggestions please Eatonton/Milledgeville, GA
Greetings All, My husband and I have purchased a property...
motherofdog
Where to find African Violets in Atlanta
Does anyone that uses this forum know a nursery in...
frankielynnsie
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™