A few more from yesterday

marricgardensJuly 6, 2012

Does anyone know how to get rid of earwigs? They are awful this year. Anyway here's my latest. Marg

Cimarron Knight, FFO

Beautiful Edgings, FFO

Smokey Mountain Autumn

Eyeliner lily, who doesn't seem to want to get the black pencil line edge on it.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
floota

You will greatly reduce your earwig population if you live-head at night instead of waiting until the next morning to deadhead. I've done this for years and almost never see earwigs now.

Bookmark   July 6, 2012 at 12:22PM
marricgardens

Thanks for the tip. When we let the dogs out at night, we open the door a crack and then have to slam it to knock off any earwigs. Earwigs have been so bad this year we've had to resort to spraying around the house.

Bookmark   July 6, 2012 at 12:30PM
newyorkrita(z6b/7a LI NY)

Beautiful daylilies and lily. I hate earwigs but have no idea how to get rid of them. Beautiful Edgings is my favorite.

Bookmark   July 6, 2012 at 12:55PM
shive(6b TN)

I don't know what an earwig is. That's probably the only pest I don't have. Very nice photos!

Debra

Bookmark   July 6, 2012 at 1:53PM
mantis__oh

Nice pic of Beautiful Edgings. I can't imagine deadheading all my lilies every day. I think Julia does in New York, as well as Floota. Who else does?

Bookmark   July 6, 2012 at 2:07PM
nat4b(4)

Beautiful Edgings is beautiful :) Mine usually does that lower sepal sticking out too, but it doesn't bother me like with other daylilies.
Debra, you are lucky! My DH says that they didn't know what an earwig was just a few years ago. They are nasty looking creatures.
Marric there was a thread here on GW actually titled How to get rid of earwigs, IIRC. Maybe you can find it.
I livehead once in a while, did regularly last year, and frankly I didn't notice much difference. They are not only in the flower they are at the base between the leaves too. Spoiled too many of my pictures.
It would be interesting to see that Eyeliner lily when she applies her makeup

Bookmark   July 6, 2012 at 3:10PM
jean_ar(z8 Ar)

I dont know what a earwig is either. some kind of insect but, I have no idea what they look like.That beautiful edgings is gorgeous.

jean

Bookmark   July 6, 2012 at 4:00PM
More Discussions
Blooms...I need blooms....Winter is too long!
Have to have a few just to get by Front area Then the...
organic_kitten
Clean up and beautify Garden Web!
You can add an extension to your browser for Firefox...
Brad KY
Seedlings that you can't wait to see how they do this year
We all have some seedlings that we can't wait to see...
dragonflypond
Trying multiple pics
This is an experiment to see if I can insert muliple...
sherrygirl zone5
How cold can it get!
I am experimenting here!! seeing if I can start a...
Cindy zone 6a
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™