scented pelargonium seeds?

claudia_1078(z4 mn)October 16, 2004

Does anybody know a source where I can find seeds for scented pelargoniums? I have searched several seed catalogs and could find only zonal geranium seeds.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
melrt968(u.k. scotland)

Hello Claudia,
Is there any particular reason why you wish to purchase seeds rather than plants? Plants would be easier than seeds and you could pre-select your varieties. I have not found any catalogue selling scented pelargonium seeds. You could try searching Chiltern Seeds as they list some rare pelargoniums or try a posting on the 'Seed Saving' or "Plant Propagation" forums.
Best wishes
Ron

Bookmark   October 17, 2004 at 6:28AM
melrt968(u.k. scotland)

Hi Claudia
You might find the following search useful"Scented Geraniums or Pelargoniums" James K Sayre. This short article contains some useful information and descriptions of scented Pellies.
Ron

Bookmark   October 19, 2004 at 11:53AM
turkeyfarm

Last year I bought scented mixed geranium seeds, I think 10 seeds in the packet, for $3.95, from Park Seed. Only 2 seeds germinated and one survived outside in a pot all summer. I still have this one growing in the house, but not sure of variety as it hasn't bloomed. I plan to try it outside again this spring, but think buying plants is easier and you can choose your variety. Good luck!

Bookmark   November 3, 2004 at 2:57PM
claudia_1078(z4 mn)

Thanks everyone for responding. Just found a nursery which sells scented pelargonium seeds. Am waiting for the catalog.

Bookmark   November 3, 2004 at 8:21PM
More Discussions
seeds from china fake or real?
I have been growing geranium from seeds for some time...
gonene1
How to Improve Geranium Bloom Fullness?
Last year was my first year growing geraniums from...
kdog2568
pruning geraniums
I have several geraniums that went without water for...
rad1
What's the secret to rooting cuttings?
I've been trying to take cuttings of the geraniums...
fieldofflowers
My Geraniums Stopped Blooming, Can I get some help please?
My 10 year old geranium plants haven't bloomed since...
melissaoc1
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™