rozanne

sybilkrizinski(5)October 24, 2005

Have any of you Rozanne fans planted her in your shade gardens? Would she get enough sun in a partial shade

garden to bloom her head off? ty in advance, sybil

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dbjc(z6PA)

Mine is planted in an area with morning sun, afternoon shade. It's still blooming.

Bookmark   October 27, 2005 at 8:41PM
freebird(z5/6PA)

I have two planted in an area that gets perhaps one to two hours of afternoon sun. She is still blooming. The plants are not as large and do not bloom as profusely as those in full sun, so... I will just have to plant a few more.

Bookmark   October 28, 2005 at 7:01AM
leslie197(z5 MI)

I have my 8 Rozannes planted in a bed that used to be full sun, but when I thought about your question, it occured to me that mine are actually planted in partial shade. They are underplanting an area with 3 Knockout roses, a Viburnum which has recently, when I wasn't looking, become taller than me & about 4 ft wide on the South side, 3 Virginia Sweetspire shrubs (3-4 ft tall and wide) on the East, 2 very large grasses to the North, blocking a lot of light, and various other (18 - 30 inch)perennials and some low evergreens to the West. So they are getting mostly afternoon sun, except I forgot there is a good sized (higher than the fence) Weigela to the SW side and a Smokebush which I sometimes hard prune and sometimes not to NW side, so even some of that sun is blocked. Makes you wonder, when you think about how much stuff if crammed in there, that the Roses are blooming - but both Knockouts and Rozannes bloomed their heads off this summer. My Rozannes are not 1st year plants so I did do some considerable amount of chopping/lopping of stray Rozanne stems as necessary to keep them in bounds.

Bookmark   December 2, 2005 at 5:39PM
More Discussions
Scented Geranium with Cactus Mix?
So I've seen a few places recommending adding sand...
garden.bum
What is the name of this flower?
Hello, I was wondering if anyone knew the name of the...
Shaz79
Seed Geranium or Cutting for baskets
After growing several vegetables from seed I'm going...
obrionusa
pruning geraniums
I have several geraniums that went without water for...
rad1
Geranium and snow pic
Just looking out my kitchen window at the snow and...
pandora
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™