moo scent seems to have changed....

xmikelx(6)July 28, 2011

Hi everyone

...has anyone experienced this....two of my moo flowers are open nd they smell i guess spicy. weird, other flowers that have opened before did not smell like this at all. i wonder if its the fert.???

the two flowers are coming from this one stem their are like four stems.

i didnt do anything different, as far as care goes. just at last watering, i added a little bit of vinegar...ooooo0o0h maybe the vinegar...hmmmmmm interesting.. i bet its the vinegar!!! no more vinegar!!!

well i solved my own problem ....maybe

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Robert (zone 7a, Oklahoma)

Hi!

I've noticed my Jasminum sambac 'Maid of Orleans' has also been putting out nice and spicy flowers. They've been smelling stronger than my Belle of India which earlier in the season was my fav jasmine. I'm thinking it's the heat. I live in Tulsa, OK and we've been having hundred plus weather for weeks now.
I've never tried vinegar in the water before but since I like spicy scents I just might try it. ;)

-Robert

Bookmark   July 29, 2011 at 9:33AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
xmikelx(6)

Hello robert,

I wonder why the scent would change out of the blue like that?.... i dont enjoy spicy smells; reminds me of spicy foods, which i do not like at all.
yikes! here in NY we just got over a heat wave, now it is back down to about 89 to about 90+ degrees.(i think)

i use the vinegar in water to make it a little more acidic. use a teaspoon to a gallon of water, if you do try it.

thanks for reply

Bookmark   July 29, 2011 at 3:34PM
More Discussions
Randia ruiziana (Angel of the Night) flower bud?
I don't know but I sure hope so! I've been noticing...
Your 2015 wish list
Okay. I'm sort of ashamed to admit that I've already...
Doesn't look like MOO to me
Since it's a snowy weekend and I'm stuck inside I've...
Pruning Honeysuckle??
I have a wonderful fence full of honeysuckle. It is...
womanhead
Osmanthus fragrans 'Fudingzhu'
I bought three large plants because I read about their...
KJMM
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™