New Jasmine plant not doing well

roxannemoskal(Z6 PA)July 26, 2006

Just got it 2 weeks ago, it was sent with dirt around roots. I planted it but it looks wilted. I've tried more water, less water. Put it in a very shady place on my porch. Moved it around. Nothing seems to help. I've wanted one of these for a long time. What do I need to do??

Roxanne

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
makibear

roxannemoskal - I also just bought a jasmine plant - unfortunately, I'm a bit lost on how to care for it. So, I don't think I'm in the position to help you out! lol

Mine was sent as a rooted plant. It was and still is in pretty good condition. The leaves are a bit on the yellow side, so I'm a bit worried because like you, I've wanted this one for a looong time. What kind of jasmine is yours? Mine is Wrightia Religiosa.

Hopefully we get help soon!

Bookmark   July 27, 2006 at 11:13PM
thebadseed(5B NJ)

I have my sambac (Maid of Orleans) in peat/potting soil and it seems happy with that mix. I repotted about two weeks after I got it into a pot about 2" bigger than it came in and it took off like a shot. I find that on my enclosed porch (which has something of a greenhouse effect), it likes to be watered every day or it 'pouts' by wilting. It also enjoys being misted. I have not yet suceeded in overwatering it.
I hope this helps you some!

Bookmark   August 3, 2006 at 10:02AM
silverkitty777(9b)

Mine usually need a month or so to adjust to their new home. I have 6 different kinds of jasmine and all of them need some sun. I had a nightblooming jasmine that i received through the mail lose several leaves after yellowing for about 5 weeks but then start putting out fresh new green ones. Maybe yours just needs some time.

Bookmark   August 5, 2006 at 6:37PM
makibear

Thanks! I actually just repotted my jasmine in peat potting soil because the old soil wasn't draining fast enough. It's doing well so far and is putting out new leaves!! I can't wait until it starts flowering again (it came with two tiny flowers).

Bookmark   August 6, 2006 at 11:14PM
More Discussions
Jasmine 'Grand Duke of Tuscany Supreme'.
I cannot honestly remember if it is just GDT or the...
andrew78
Hamamelis mollis
I have a new spot under a huge cedar that has been...
Maggie (Vancouver, BC 8a)
Can someone ID this for me please!
I saw it in a Youtube video, but I couldn't make out...
earlisbubba
Blooming in January!
Happy New Year everyone! Narcissus tazetta - Chinese...
true_blue
War on Gardenia's mealy bugs
A few months ago, we took home a beautifully flowering...
daniel_cl
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™