Need Help to ID a Cranesbill Geranium

mcjaneNovember 20, 2005

I'm sure this is from the Cranebill Geranium family, but I cannot identify the species since there are so many different Cranesbill.

The soft leaves measure up to 3 inches across & the very bright pink flowers 1/4 inch.

I need to know more about it so I can care for it properly & would like to know if I should leave it outside over winter or if it would be better to bring it inside.

Also, in case my picture doesn't show up I would appreciate it very much if someone would tell how to do it on this forum.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mcjane

Oops, my URL for my image did not show up. Here it is.

http://image.inkfrog.com/pix/mcjane/00000001.JPG

Bookmark   November 20, 2005 at 11:11PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gardengal48

It is Geranium robertianum, aka Herb Robert, a wild annual species that is considered a noxious weed in many parts of the country. Although quite hardy, often growing and blooming throughout winter in my climate, I wouldn't go to the effort of overwintering it. It self sows prolifically.

As Trevor Bath notes: "It often appears in the garden uninvited, looking delightful in the chink of a shady wall or paving. Turn your back and it will soon cover the whole garden, bedding itself comfortably in your most treasured small plants - you have been warned!"

Bookmark   November 24, 2005 at 12:14PM
More Discussions
What's happening
Look at these leaves...ack. Please help!
imcanadian
My Geraniums Stopped Blooming, Can I get some help please?
My 10 year old geranium plants haven't bloomed since...
melissaoc1
Hardy Geraniums older thread.....
any additions of your favorites to this older thread: http://forums2.gardenweb.com/discussions/1632443/hardy-geraniums-revisited...
Patty57
want to trade pelagornium seeds/cuttings
Would like to trade seeds (horea and Otidia and various...
asclepchris
my geranium fell from a ceiling hook
I'm hoping I can get some advice on my geranium. A...
msunn1973
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™