Scented Geranium,Where To Buy Them ??

floridabear(10b)December 28, 2007

I have been looking all over to buy scented geraniums. On EBay,online in different stores, from gardens as I drive by and they look like scented ones. No luck anywhere. Is there an online store that anyone can lead me to and I can get some rose scented,or lemon,lime,coconut,chocolate,etc...I cant believe that EBay doesnt have anything except some rose scented geranium seeds. No plants at all! So...are there any online stores or someone you all go to ,to get them? Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Fledgeling_(4b SD)

search the forum for scented geranium. I was doing that a few moments ago and just popped into the forum proper and let me just say that there are many people with the exact same question, including me a few moments ago. One that keeps popping up is http://www.papagenos.com, it has good gardenwatchdog rating (http://davesgarden.com/products/gwd/c/40/)and i am picking varieties to order from their huge selection right now- its hard when there are so many. Hope this goes well. Fingers crossed!

Bookmark   January 7, 2008 at 3:42PM
anewgarden

I have a few Citronella Geranium plants. They are strong, about two feet tall, and don't bloom often. When they do they get lovely light purple blooms, just like in the picture at the web site mentioned above. They do smell very nice. I bring them inside in the fall. I am looking for a flowering red red geranium plant or two. Not sure of the proper name, the classic red one.
Would you like to trade?

Bookmark   April 6, 2008 at 10:23AM
robin454(z9B Florida)

Floridabear-Hobbs Farm, a small family nursery in Maine has a good selection and reasonable prices. www.hobbsfarm.com For the mothership, use http://geraniaceae.com/.

Don't even try to grow any of the crispins in zone 10. All scenteds are a challange in hot, humid weather, but the crispins are simply impossible.

Bookmark   April 6, 2008 at 6:26PM
indyrose(z5 Indianapolis)

I have some citrus scented variegated ones that I have been keeping and rooting cuttings for years. (Sorry, I don't know the variety name.) I started with just two very small rooted cuttings just 5 years ago, and I now have about 7 LARGE pots of mature plants, and lots of rooted cuttings in smaller pots. I don't usually "hang-out" at this forum but just dropped in. Let me know what you have for trade!

Indyrose

Bookmark   April 9, 2008 at 10:59AM
robin454(z9B Florida)

indy-I can trade cuttings of apple, skeleton leaf rose, or felicifolium.

Bookmark   April 10, 2008 at 1:00PM
dwlmatthews

I find this site handy for sourcing mail order geraniums

Here is a link that might be useful: Geraniums

Bookmark   March 18, 2009 at 8:14AM
loosicanon_yahoo_com

I just purchased the 'special' at Scented Geraniums of NE. WOW. Nice starts. healthy roots and some of the plants were even in bloom. Some were 4-5' (not including the roots) and a few were 6-7'. She has a special going right now buy 10 and get 2 free, growers choice, each one different. So I thought I'd give it a try. I ordered them on Sunday and I got them on Wednesday. I plan to order 10/12 more in a week or so. It's $20. for 10/12 or $35. for 20/14 + shipping. I think that is a great deal now that I've seen them.

Here is a link that might be useful: Scented Geraniums of NE

Bookmark   June 9, 2010 at 9:33PM
herbladyisin_yahoo_com

Thanks for the link above to Scented Geranium of NE.....I have been looking for a place to buy them wholesale. Does anyone have experience growing the apples from seed. I could use some tips. Or experience growing them from cuttings. I have been told the apples are from seed only.

Here is a link that might be useful: My moringa business

Bookmark   January 10, 2011 at 2:09AM
meyermike_1micha(5)

Here is another place and they even sell a "chocolate" scented one I can't wait to get...

http://www.accentsforhomeandgarden.com/

Love these plants!

Mike

Bookmark   January 26, 2011 at 7:07PM
organic_kermit(6)

I too would love to trade cuttings. I have lemon, a rose that I can't remember off hand her name, and peppermint.

Bookmark   April 10, 2011 at 8:30PM
More Discussions
How to Improve Geranium Bloom Fullness?
Last year was my first year growing geraniums from...
kdog2568
Will Geranium come back?
I have some geraniums that i planted in the fall and...
pinkkpearls
What is the name of this flower?
Hello, I was wondering if anyone knew the name of the...
Shaz79
Parks Maverick Mix Seeds - Good for starting from seed?
I have never grown geraniums from seed. My first choice...
pagenie1
Help...my geranium looks pitiful!
Can somebody tell me what I need to do to revive my...
plant_lover_grow
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™