Anyone seen these peppers anywhere?

blazepepper(7b)April 14, 2009

I am looking specifically for 'Yummy Pepper' seedlings. I have seen these from Bonnies at all of the big box stores for the last several years. I've always had my eye on them, but have never given in and planted, and decided this was the year. Only problem is now I can't find them anywhere. Has anyone seen them? Its supposed to be a petite sweet pepper that ripens to an orange apricot type of color. The bonnies selection seems to be less this year than in the past. Tons of the old favorites, but a lot less of some of the more rare ones that I swear I've seen in the past. If anyone has seen these seedlings in the metro atl area, or have any suggestions for a similar alternative, please let me know, thanks so much/ mac

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
caeebe(7)

I planted these last year and they were fantastic. Small but quick growing and the plant was petite too. I haven't seen it either and I wish I had saved the seeds. These were perfect in my container garden.

Bookmark   April 16, 2009 at 10:59AM
blazepepper(7b)

I sent an email directly to Bonnie's, and got a reply that they would try to deliver some of these to the Walmart in Winder, GA. Guess I'll take a drive and see if they kept their promise.

Bookmark   April 21, 2009 at 9:40AM
scmatlanta_gw(8a - Athens GA)

Got a Bonnie's one at Lowe's in Athens last weekend. The only mini sweet pepper they had.

Bookmark   April 22, 2009 at 7:23AM
caeebe(7)

I think I remember that they had a bigger stock of peppers in May last year. I was at Lowes this weekend and they mostly had tomatoes and only a couple of varieties of peppers (1-2 sweet; 1-2 hot). I'm going to wait a little while longer to hopefully find them again.

Bookmark   April 22, 2009 at 9:51PM
mad_gardener

I just bought some of these today at the Lowe's in Acworth, GA! There were plenty left after I bought mine!

Bookmark   April 25, 2009 at 9:53PM
blazepepper(7b)

Bonnies kept there word, I drove up to winder walmart on sunday and they had plenty, thanks for the replies.

Bookmark   April 27, 2009 at 10:13AM
barbwire_2009

I bought 3 at local Lowes yesterday.Planted all three in large container pot. They were not in stock last week

Bookmark   April 29, 2009 at 6:31AM
More Discussions
Where should I plant a fatsia japonica?
Other than, in a milder climate. I've had it in a pot...
esga
have: lime tree - free to good home!
I have an unknown type of lime tree (not a dwarf) planted...
alison234
Is anyone using rock dust in the garden?
I learned about rock dust a few days ago and I want...
kngskid
Howdy Folks!
Any of the old regulars still around? I have been...
vroomp
N. Ga. Mountain region
We've purchased a home with what appear to be 6 established...
eagleap_gw Zone 10
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™