Where to buy Obelisks in Atlanta?

jlt37869April 20, 2010

Hi! I'm new to Atlanta and I'm looking for gardening structures. Where would I find a good selection of large items such as obelisks, arbors, trellis, etc? I'm looking for the sturdy stuff (maybe wrought iron or mexican metal), which I'm thinking might be at some local (non-chain) garden supply places?!

I have seen a couple of on-line suppliers, but would like to avoid shipping (and also check out in person before buying). Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Jennifer

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
girlgroupgirl(8 ATL)

Good luck. I've not found a single thing like that. In Elijay we found an antique mall that has some lovely iron work upstairs. Great prices too. But that's it. You can call around to some garden centers, but Pike and Gardenhood don't have them. Maybe call Habersham to see if they have anything?

Bookmark   April 20, 2010 at 9:56PM
bagsmom(7)

I'm in Marietta. I think this place is still considered Marietta. It's called Rustique and it is on Canton Road.

I have never been in, but there's a lot of merchandise outdoors. It is all metal work -- garden structures, yard art, etc.

Maybe call them and ask if they have what you need? It seems that they would!

Good luck!

Bookmark   April 22, 2010 at 7:42AM
nippersdad

I have two suggestions. When Lakewood fairground fleamarket closed down a few years ago, I think many of the vendors moved to a new location up Ga 400. I know that there were vendors who specialized in ironwork for the garden there and they may have moved with the market.

Another place where I have seen iron work is the Scott's market in Forest Park. Both of these markets are once a month; I think they used to be on the second and third weekends of every month. You might look them up online and find out if they still have vendors who sell what you are looking for.

Bookmark   April 22, 2010 at 11:50PM
scmatlanta_gw(8a - Athens GA)

Hill Street Warehouse just off Collier Road west of 75 has some interesting stuff - but it is not cheap!

Here is a link that might be useful: Hill Street Warehouse

Bookmark   April 23, 2010 at 9:52AM
jlt37869

Thank you so much for the suggestions. I'm going to venture out this week/weekend to see what I can find. I'm looking for something like the attached ,,, but lots cheaper!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Obelisk

Bookmark   May 13, 2010 at 12:00AM
nwgatreasures(7)

jlt,
That which you are looking for is absolutely beautiful!
Sure hope you find what you're looking for.

Dora

Bookmark   May 13, 2010 at 8:08AM
girlgroupgirl(8 ATL)

OH, my! There's a price!!! It's beautiful but pricey. I bet custom would be less expensive than that!

Bookmark   May 14, 2010 at 10:17AM
More Discussions
Growing on a slope in North Georgia
I live in very N. Georgia. Basically Chattanooga, Tn....
Natdiamond
Pomegranate tree
Will a pomegranate tree grow amd produce fruit in GA?...
natalie4b
Is anyone using rock dust in the garden?
I learned about rock dust a few days ago and I want...
kngskid
N. Ga. Mountain region
We've purchased a home with what appear to be 6 established...
eagleap_gw Zone 10
Georgia (Piedmont region) - new NABA chapter
To all butterfly enthusiasts in Georgia: The North...
memays
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™