chirita keiko flowers question

alenka(6)March 15, 2008

My chirita keiko opened its first flowers a couple of days ago -- very, very pretty! -- but I'm curious: I saw this webpage on gesneriads.ca (linked below), that says that keiko's flowers, when they first open, are looking down, and then in a few days they become more horizontally oriented. There's a picture there that explains this much better then I do. And my plant's flowers were horizontal right as they were opening. If you have grown this chirita, do you remember how the flowers were on your plant? I'm just curious :)

Also, my plant only got one flower per stem, and the one shown on gesneriads.ca has several buds on each stem -- do they get more as the plant gets older, or does this depend on growing conditions?

Thanks!

Here is a link that might be useful: chirita keiko

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
greenelbows1(z9--so LA)

Haven't tried Keiko (yet) but I'll sure be interested to hear what others have to say. I really think it helps a lot to trade information with other growers as to what different plants do, and how we grow them--what these forums and clubs are all about after all! I miss having a club with others growing the same plants--keep stickin' my club members with plants in the hope that some of them will get really interested and we can share experiences (and some of them have, and are!)

Bookmark   March 17, 2008 at 12:04AM
More Discussions
Nyc gesnariads
Anyone in nyc want to trade leaves/cuttings? Rather...
nycav123
Anybody Specializing in Fragrant Streps?
I posted some time ago about fragrant streps and was...
treehugger101
What have we here?
Grown from a forgotten seed batch: Some kind of Kohleria...
rusty_blackhaw
gloxinia leaf spots??
this is worrying to me. its just a one stalk plant...
suyoder
Southern exposure.
Hello, o Gesneriad people! Here's a question for ya'all--...
nmushka
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™