Transplanting & Pumpkins

tazdevyl1(z6 NJ)May 29, 2005

Hi all. New to this forum. Also new to gardening, so am bound to make mistakes. I do have a few questions. And I have looked and cannot find any posts on this subject matter. I have M&S ( moon & Star) watermelon growing in a flower pot, and wanted to know when it would be safe to transplant them into the garden ( a section made solely for them). Also wanted to know the same for Zucchini and Squash.

And the other thing was, I planted Big Max Pumpkin Seeds about last week sometime, when do they start to germinate? Im beginning to think either the space I planted them in is not "nutritious?" enough for them or I planted the seeds too far down. If it was the former, would it be safe to move them into what my dad made into the compost pile? ( I did this YEARS ago, and forgot about them,all of a sudden I go outside and they were ALL over. LOL) If I have forgot to give any info, please ask. I will answer to the best of my knowledge.

I apologize for posting this in this forum as well. This is the 2nd place I posted, in hopes to get more answers. Anything would be appreciated

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow-Up Postings:

RE: Transplanting

Posted by: TazDevyl1 z6 NJ (My Page) on Sun, May 29, 05 at 13:36

Ohh, the silly part I forgot to mention is I have been saving the soiled rabbit litter ( 5 bunnies + corn cob litter), would it be safe to put this over the dirt where the pumpkins are now? In hopes that they do grow?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tazdevyl1(z6 NJ)

Well Since I havent gotten any responses in a month, I will take the liberty of updating you all anyway. =) I have since moved the watermelon into their own space, as well as the Zucchini and Squash. All the pumpkins I put into containers have begun to sprout.

And today, I got SO frustrated that the Big Max werent coming up, that I very carefully began to remove dirt. And there SOME of them where. 4 vines altogther. So, out of the 7 holes, 3 holes have vines. 1 of those 3 has 2 vines. All just coming up. Guess I buried them too far down. OOPS. At least I noticed it now, b4 they decided to grow the pumpkins under the ground as well. LOL ( Not sure if thats even possible?) Just pictured huge mounds up dirt popping up. LOL

Bookmark   June 6, 2005 at 5:09PM
More Discussions
pumpkins crossing with small gourds
what do you get when you cross a pumpkin with a small...
Fableman
Help Growing a Carolina Cross Watermelon
I plan on growing the Carolina Cross Watermelon variety...
RyanC95
Contact Info for Brian Moore?
To all, Had some questions for Brian about Giant sunflowers,...
KSOhio
20" long chillies on ebay true or false?
title asks all but also is there such a thing or could...
mushibu10
mega-cabbage
Hello....I have been searching for information on preventing...
nurseliberty
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™