Convention show and sale

bubba62June 7, 2009

I'm a member of the Gesneriad Society, and would very much like to attend the show and sale that'll be part of the national convention taking place in Silver Spring, MD, in a few weeks. I'm wondering if this is possible without registering for the entire convention (most of which I can't attend - I can only manage a short trip to the DC area on Friday, July 2.) I know the early entry to the sales area on Thursday evening is only open to convention registrants, but is it open to the general public on the remaining days?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
JohnnieB(Washington, DC 7a/b)

Hope somebody already replied to you by private email but if not, the convention flower show and plant sale are open to the public and free of charge on Friday, July 3 and Saturday, July 4. Hours are limited so check the schedule--see linked pdf for more info. But even if you don't officially register for the convention, please do introduce yourself to your fellow Gesneriad Society members!

Here is a link that might be useful: convention info

Bookmark   June 17, 2009 at 10:41PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bubba62

Thanks, John - I accidentally wrote July 2 instead of the 3rd, which is actually when I'll be there, so it sounds as if it might work out. I've lured my partner into making the trip with the promise of a Shaw play in Maryland the night before, but I'm not sure he'll make it to the actual show and sale. I'd especially like to meet you, so will do my best to check in; my picture's on my blog, and hopefully no one else is as homely as me, so maybe you'll find me first!

Bookmark   June 20, 2009 at 5:07AM
More Discussions
How fast will a lipstick plant grow? ((Aeschynanthus radicans)
I got one in a 6 inch hanging basket on clearance at...
tlbean2004
On growing streps larger...?
Today I was wondering if the same effect of disbudding...
judyj
WANT: Anyone have any lipstick plant cuttings to trade for postag
Im looking for lipstick plant cuttings. I cant find...
tlbean2004
Why are streps not as popular as AVs?
It occurred to me a couple months ago-when searching...
judyj
Any care tips for Alsobia Dianthiflora?
I live in Michigan, and I was wondering which window...
LilBit7765
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™