yellow leaves

bagsmom(7)April 18, 2010

Hey all! Several weeks ago, I planted some creeping gardenia. They are in the proper sun. I've been keeping them watered since they are newly planted -- but I don't think watering excessively.

Why do you suppose the leaves are getting yellow and weird looking? Do they need some fertilizer? I amended the soil when I planted, so I can't imagine there is a problem with the dirt.

Any ideas? Did I buy a finicky plant? They were super cheap, so if they don't make it, I'm not out much.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
esh_ga

All the leaves or just some of them? Gardenias lose some leaves come spring this way.

Bookmark   April 18, 2010 at 7:00PM
bagsmom(7)

I guess it is just some of them, but it has come on slowly, with a few leaves, then more. Now it is quite a few. They were lovely when I planted them.

I have some new August Beauty gardenia shrubs I got at the same time. They look great -- lots of new growth and no weird yellowing. This is only happening to the creeping variety.

Now that I think of it, I have one still in the pot (didn't get them all planted.) It is NOT yellowing. Hmmmmmmm. What does that mean?

Gardening Mysteries......

Bookmark   April 18, 2010 at 8:38PM
carpar

I have the same problem 2 are doing great, I can see the new growth and they look very healthy. I have 2 others that I plan on moving and hope they do better in their new area. They are all the creeping gardenia.

Bookmark   April 20, 2010 at 10:28AM
bagsmom(7)

I got mine at Pike's on sale. I wonder if there was a reason they were so cheap!

Bookmark   April 20, 2010 at 1:36PM
More Discussions
Dracaena Massangeana - leaves are turning yellow and then brown!!
Hello, I bought a Dracaena Massangeana plant about...
daniel159
Georgia (Piedmont region) - new NABA chapter
To all butterfly enthusiasts in Georgia: The North...
memays
Landscape plant suggestions please Eatonton/Milledgeville, GA
Greetings All, My husband and I have purchased a property...
motherofdog
N. Ga. Mountain region
We've purchased a home with what appear to be 6 established...
eagleap_gw Zone 10
Getting completely rid of invasive vines
Is this possible? We moved in to an extremely neglected...
suwannee75
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™