Polish Streps

dbarron(z7_Arkansas)July 13, 2014

I've been thinking about those beautiful patterned Polish and Ukraine streps that I've seen linked here and on Ebay for some time. I finally placed a bid (minimum) for a couple.

Am I right in thinking there is really no commercial (other than those couple of Ebay'ers) way to obtain these plants currently ?

Boy, they're pretty....I just hope I have enough windowsill to accommodate them. My Oriental Art strep is pretty small, and these look larger (lol).

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
davioletman

For the most part you will find them mostly on eBay. Lyndon Lyon Greenhouse does have a few in their strep listing. Your best bet is to find a few people who grow them and try to trade if eBay or Lyndon Lyon does not work out.

Dave

Bookmark   July 15, 2014 at 4:47PM
dbarron(z7_Arkansas)

Thanks Dave, Desired plants accquired by Ebay methods. They look good and I anxiously await flowering. One thing I do note is that the Polish streps (using these two as samples) are much more standard than our current compact models in the US. IE, much larger leaves...and I bet larger blooms, but taking up a lot more space.

Bookmark   July 27, 2014 at 6:03PM
irina_co(z5 CO)

Check the site World of streps. Tony grows a great selection of Polish streps and hosts a strep forum.

i.

Bookmark   July 28, 2014 at 4:46PM
dbarron(z7_Arkansas)

Well, here we are about a month later, and I have Strep # 7046 (Garu) and 7001 in my windowsill and both were very healthy and well shipped growing in what looked like a peat plug. Since I received them and put them into 3 inch pots, both have put out one or two new leaves and bloom stems are just now emerging, in about two weeks or possibly three, I will have photos (nothing happening untoward). I look forward to seeing what color the eye sees on their flowers...vs the camera.

Both plants have at least two crowns, so good starts!

Here is a link that might be useful: Polish Strep photos on streptocarpus-info

Bookmark   August 11, 2014 at 8:13AM
More Discussions
What have we here?
Grown from a forgotten seed batch: Some kind of Kohleria...
rusty_blackhaw
Nyc gesnariads
Anyone in nyc want to trade leaves/cuttings? Rather...
nycav123
When to repot a strep to a large pot?
This isn't about freshening the soil, which I do regularly...
judyj
Anybody Specializing in Fragrant Streps?
I posted some time ago about fragrant streps and was...
treehugger101
overwinter
Hey guys, I have a Sinningia Darth Vader plant. I have...
Puchinita5
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™