you last daylily to bloom

wildflower59(z7 va)July 20, 2014

Without including rebloomers, what is the last daylily to bloom for you? I am trying to extend my season and the last ones I have are late late show, willie lyles, and clouds of white. They all bloom within a day or two of each other. I really want to add more..so I would appreciate any you can offer.

thanks
cindy

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sherrygirl zone5

My last to bloom is Autumn Minaret. It is also the tallest and largest overall I have. Mine are just sending up scapes here, zone 5. My best guess is 3 weeks before first flower. I get at least a month of blooms on my mature plants, maybe longer.

sherry

Bookmark   July 20, 2014 at 2:49PM
shive(6b TN)

My last one to bloom is usually Last Chance for Romance. Others that bloom very late here are Final Touch and Ruffled Strawberry Parfait.

Last Chance for Romance

Bookmark   July 20, 2014 at 3:00PM
statmam(z6)

Heirloom Heaven. Not a fancy flower, and if it bloomed in mid-season, I'm sure I wouldn't have it. But it starts up, nice and fresh, when the rest of the garden is a field of browning sticks, and in that company, its pop of color is most welcome.

Bookmark   July 20, 2014 at 4:10PM
Maryl zone 7a

My last to bloom has consistently been Smokey Mountain Autumn which is a bud builder. I've had it bloom even in September in a good year. It had been in a smallish pot for over 7 years, but this last winter with its prolonged cold spell with temperatures in the single digits for days and days finally did it in. A shame. A classic daylily. This year Coral Corduroy will take the prize, but certainly not as long as Smokey Mountain Autumn.....Maryl

Bookmark   July 20, 2014 at 4:56PM
njmomma(z6 NJ)

Either Final Touch or Apache War Dance which puts up rebloom scapes while it's blooming. The Techny ones are lates. (techny peace, techny peach lace, techny spider). More late ones are August Frost and Waves Become Wings. I just got my first bloom on Final Touch and Apache War Dance. August Frost put up ones the other day and it's full of buds. Actually all are.
I'll be posting pics once they really get started.

Bookmark   July 20, 2014 at 8:44PM
Nancy zone 6

Last Reward is the very last to bloom for me. I'm zone 7 & it has yet to bloom. I just started seeing scapes a few days ago.It is listed as a mid-late bloomer, but other lates & even the one very late-Autumn Blaze-only have a few buds left.

Bookmark   July 20, 2014 at 10:00PM
nat4b(4)

Final Touch for me.

Bookmark   July 20, 2014 at 11:04PM
Julia NY(6)

It will either be a Rice or Murphy/Reed intro. Last year it was ROUEN CATHEDRAL (Rice).

Bookmark   July 21, 2014 at 9:27AM
jean_ar(z8 Ar)

Last Reward, will be my last to bloom as it just started a few days ago, and has 4 scapes up loaded with buds, so will blooming for awhile, unless all the buds open at once, but so far, only 2 blooms at once. Marietta surprise is still blooming, too.

jean

Bookmark   July 22, 2014 at 1:53PM
organic_kitten(8)

Either Hard Times or Running Late.
kay

Bookmark   July 23, 2014 at 10:08AM
More Discussions
Trying multiple pics
This is an experiment to see if I can insert muliple...
sherrygirl zone5
As I Promised, Photos...Spring's Coming
Here you go, As I said, it is just the beginning, but...
organic_kitten
Now for charming "C" daylilies!
Let's see what you all have, I Need to add more to...
sherrygirl zone5
Another Houzz change-sending messages without following
I copied this post from Jasminerose4u in the rose forum....
KarenPA_6b
finally got into this forum,and have to learn how to do it
I had to really hunt to find this forum again and couldn't...
jean zone 8 Ar.
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™