Looking for Shenandoah Streps

stonesriver(6B Tennessee)October 19, 2011

Hi, Everyone:

Lost my Gesneriad collection in 2008 when life had one of those unexpected bumps in the road.

Among the streps I lost were my favorites: Shenandoah hybrids. Molly and Patrick had some heat problems last year and don't have any to sell.

If you have any extras that need a good home please email. There haven't been any on eBay although I keep looking.

I have AV trailer crowns I can trade. About 50 hybrids are big enough to remove the crowns. I can send you a list. I also have some chimera suckers I can spare.

Thank you so much,

Linda

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
irina_co(z5 CO)

So - Linda - did you get hold of any Sh. streps? I am thinking that your best chance is to wait for Brennans to recover. There are just not enough of them. I grew S.Sugarplum years ago - and I loved it...Lost it to the 2006 INSV disaster with the whole collection..

I.

Bookmark   April 24, 2012 at 10:53AM
stonesriver(6B Tennessee)

Hey, Irina:

Should have bumped this long ago. Unfortunately, from what I can gather from Molly, they won't be growing/hybridizing streps any more (or their chiritas). It sounds as if Patrick is going to concentrate on the orchids.

I told Molly it was a shame because they were such lovely streps and chirita. This forum was my last, best hope.

Linda

Bookmark   April 25, 2012 at 12:18AM
irina_co(z5 CO)

Linda -

I see Shenandoah streps every so often on ebay.

You need to talk Brennans into making you an appointed keeper of their hybrids. Get the cuttings from them and put them down before they compost all the treasures.

I.

Bookmark   April 25, 2012 at 1:06PM
stonesriver(6B Tennessee)

Irina:

Unfortunately, none of their streps, chirita, etc., survived when they lost heat in the greenhouse. Only the orchids.

That's why I was hoping anyone on this list who goes to a Gessie convention/sale might, just might, find some Shenandoah streps and buy them with me in mind.

I have "Shenandoah" on my watch list and only one variety has been offered on eBay in the last seven months.

Regards,

Linda

Bookmark   April 26, 2012 at 12:54AM
More Discussions
Any care tips for Alsobia Dianthiflora?
I live in Michigan, and I was wondering which window...
LilBit7765
Problems with a strep
Hi Folks, Thought I'd post this here. Of five streps...
judyj
Awesome Seller!
Just for those who have never ordered from him, Gary's...
judyj
overwinter
Hey guys, I have a Sinningia Darth Vader plant. I have...
Puchinita5
Streps
Aloha, I live on the big island 300 ft. from the ocean,...
Venutia
Sponsored Products
Calligaris | Ice Bar Stool - Quick Ship
YLiving.com
15'' Green Vintage Drumming Nutcracker Statue
$22.99 | zulily
Abbyson Living Isabella Square Wall Mirror
Overstock.com
Couristan Royal Kashimar Rug - 81992599022093U
$299.00 | Hayneedle
Alanna Large Matte Resin Vessel Sink
Signature Hardware