Got 2 new streps!!! CHEAP too!

Cabarb(Z 9- Fresno, CA)October 2, 2004

I found another place here in Fresno that sells streps. I got two yesterday...at $5.00 apiece, and they are really big..not babies! Going by Rob's pictures, I am pretty sure they are a Red Typhoon and Blue Bonnet. They are so cool! From the huge leaves, I think I could start lots and lots of babies.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
susancarol(7)

Now, that is a score! I have yet to find any streps anywhere except for Ebay and mailorder.

Bookmark   October 2, 2004 at 3:12PM
Cabarb(Z 9- Fresno, CA)

At least I saved some gas when I got on the phone and started calling various nurseries here in town. Did you try calling any of your nurseries? Mail order is fun tho (I think...I'm very new at this!) as then you can watch the babies grow!!

Bookmark   October 2, 2004 at 3:27PM
mwedzi(chicago)

not many nurseries in my neighborhood, though there are some further out. i've never seen streps at any of them. but a vendor was selling them at the chicago flower and garden annual show and apparently a guy who bought one brought it into the biggest nursery in the city proper along with the vendor's name. so the nursery decided to order 200 of them! i know because the vendor is in the northern illinois gesneriad society, of which i am now a member. and i have direct access to him all the time, he knows me by first name (i feel like i know somebody famous or something). so the best way is to join a local gessie club!

cool score, by the way. red typhoon is on my want list for next year. in fact, i think the above-mentioned vendor was selling him at the last meeting i went to, but i have so many new plants to take care of, i refrained (talk about self-control!)

Bookmark   October 2, 2004 at 7:35PM
susancarol(7)

And to think Ebay sellers sell them for about 4 bucks for a tiny cup!

Bookmark   October 4, 2004 at 9:36AM
More Discussions
On growing streps larger...?
Today I was wondering if the same effect of disbudding...
judyj
Why are streps not as popular as AVs?
It occurred to me a couple months ago-when searching...
judyj
Nyc gesnariads
Anyone in nyc want to trade leaves/cuttings? Rather...
nycav123
Finally got the strep seeds I ordered online
Hi everyone, so I got the strep seeds this morning,...
philpet
My new favorite...at least for now.
Fred's Monday Morning. One of newest streps, really...
davioletman
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™