Open House @ Gingerland

birdlady_liz(z9a cntrl Fla)August 31, 2006

Hey guys, I am having an Open House this weekend. The gingers are blooming and have lots of butterflies, birds and other critters. Any one looking for something to do come on by. email me @ leneobrien@aol.com if you'd like directions. I'm about 30 mins south of Gainesville and 20 mins north of Ocala. Maybe an hour from either coast.

Liz

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kabby_z8

Wish I could make it Liz. I have however emailed my girlfriend that lives in Citra that frequents GW to let her know. She's getting into bananas and gingers and a few other tropicals.
I'm going to send her a few hedys this fall.

Bookmark   August 31, 2006 at 4:19PM
birdlady_liz(z9a cntrl Fla)

Kabby,
Thank you ma'am :) You may give her my aol addy if she has any questions as to how to get here.
Sorry you can't make it.
Do you know what ones you'll be sending her? I can show her what they'll look like .
Thanks again,
Liz

Bookmark   September 1, 2006 at 9:35AM
heirloomkeepsakes(CALIF 9 or 10)

I'm just getting started, but perhaps you can inform me of what ones have pinstriped leaves (white), other variegated types. I prefer ones that arn't real invasive - are they similar to bamboo - clump and invasive?? What are your favorites? Flowers? I have a yellow/green leaved one, but as it matures, the leaves end up more green. The new growth is still variegated. Wish I could see your GINGERLAND!!

Bookmark   September 4, 2006 at 1:39PM
birdlady_liz(z9a cntrl Fla)

hi,
Just sent you an email, and am sending you my AOL photo album as well. I sent you a list of the ones I could think of right off hand (ones I have). If I think of anymore I'll let you know.
Liz

Bookmark   September 5, 2006 at 9:31AM
FlowerLady6(z10 Fl)

Sure wish you or I lived closer, because seeing gingerland would be a real treat I am sure. What a nice thing to do, opening your gardens to others.

FlowerLady

Bookmark   September 21, 2006 at 10:26AM
cathys1951(z8 GA)

Hi Liz could you send me a copy of your photo album, would love to see what you have.
Tks Cathy

Bookmark   September 22, 2006 at 11:45PM
More Discussions
Grocery store ginger is sprouting
Hey all - I have a ginger on my dining table that I...
a_shau
How do I store ginger for planting next spring?
Hi, I bought a huge ginger root from Indonesia and...
humbll
Hedychium flavum / wardii
I ordered this one from eBay, and it was posted with...
HoosierBob SW Indiana Zone 5
book: Gingers of Peninsular Malaysia and Singapore?
Hello, I'm looking for information about torch ginger...
shahart
Turmeric in FL?
Anyone have any problems growing it? Mine looks so...
MsMowiss
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™