smithiantha

bumble_bee(5b Montreal)December 3, 2004

I have a little smithiantha multiflora that I like very much. At this time of the year there are fewer blooms in the house but this one makes a nice little display. I would like to order another easy growing variety from the AGGS seed fund.

My favorite seems to be 'Litle One' but I read it's harder to grow. Is that true? I would like one that likes to grow under the same conditions as multiflora. Would zebrina, canarina, laui or cinnabarina be a better choice? In fact, I'd really like to have cinnabarina (if it's an easy grower) but I'll have to wait as it's not in the seed fund at the moment.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mwedzi(chicago)

I'm eager to hear the answer since I wanted to know too. I just placed an order to the seed fund. I sure would have gotten cinnabarina if I had seen it on the list, after seeing the gorgeous photo in the gallery. I forget now which one I ordered. But I hope to hear what others have to say.

Bookmark   December 4, 2004 at 7:01PM
amilder(z8 Central TX)

I also am interested in the answer to this. It didn't seem we were getting much of a response here, so I went ahead and posted at the AGGS "general gesneriads" forum, where Dale Martens has been known to frequent. She is a hybridizer of Smithianthas, so there is definitely some serious knowledge there. You can read the reply at the link below.

The forum is little crazy. I used a fake email because I was worried about getting on a Russian hooker spam list... LOL.

Here is a link that might be useful: AGGS message forum

Bookmark   December 7, 2004 at 10:42PM
bumble_bee(5b Montreal)

Thank you!

Bookmark   December 7, 2004 at 11:48PM
More Discussions
Streps
Aloha, I live on the big island 300 ft. from the ocean,...
Venutia
Chocolate Soldier Plant
Back in the spring, someone was looking for a Chocolate...
Grama
On growing streps larger...?
Today I was wondering if the same effect of disbudding...
judyj
Light Rack with Streps and Orchids
I just bought a rack for my succulent, strep and orchid...
treehugger101
gloxinia leaf spots??
this is worrying to me. its just a one stalk plant...
suyoder
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™