Where I can buy Super Hot Peppers in ATL area?

Bob_Mc(7b)May 24, 2014

The peppers I raised from seed this year(mostly super hot varieties such as Trinidad Scorpions and Carolina Reapers) didn't grow well, and I managed to kill most off by allowing them to sit too long in my mini-green house on a very hot day. Does anyone know of a source locally for this type of pepper. I did have a source in Birmingham, but due to health issues have been unable to travel this season to the nursery I normally purchased them from.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Bob_Mc(7b)

I guess I should have added that I'm located in Walton County about 25 miles from Athens, so I should include that in my search. But all this considered, I'll find a way to get to any source that is in the area.

Bookmark   May 24, 2014 at 8:10PM
esh_ga

Is there a farmer's market nearby that might sell vegetable seedlings? An internationally-minded market tends to cater to those that like hotter peppers (like those used in Thai/Chinese cooking for example).

Bookmark   May 25, 2014 at 7:34PM
Bob_Mc(7b)

I'll give that a try. I've been to several farmers markets around Atlanta. A few of which cater to the International crowd. I don't recall seeing plants for sale, but plenty of hot peppers. I'll check that out this week.

Bookmark   May 26, 2014 at 4:59PM
FusilliJerry(7b)

Check Hall's in Decatur/Stone Mountain. In the past they've carried Ghost, Fatalli, and various scotch bonnet plants, but you should call before making the drive as the plants listed on their website are sometimes not available.

Here is a link that might be useful: pepper list

Bookmark   May 27, 2014 at 12:03AM
Bob_Mc(7b)

Thank you very much. I called Halls immediately upon seeing your post. They have the varieties you mentioned in stock. I'll be stopping there bright and early tomorrow.

Bookmark   May 27, 2014 at 1:03PM
More Discussions
pomegranates
UGA's website said that most named pomegranates do...
esthermgr
Where should I plant a fatsia japonica?
Other than, in a milder climate. I've had it in a pot...
esga
Getting completely rid of invasive vines
Is this possible? We moved in to an extremely neglected...
suwannee75
Dracaena Massangeana - leaves are turning yellow and then brown!!
Hello, I bought a Dracaena Massangeana plant about...
daniel159
Growing on a slope in North Georgia
I live in very N. Georgia. Basically Chattanooga, Tn....
Natdiamond
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™