honeysuckle

bobbygil(7)May 17, 2008

Is it just me or now that the honeysuckle is in bloom, does it seem to be an incredibly lot more of it this year than ever before. I thought the same thing a month ago when I kept seeing Bradford pears all over the place where you knew they werent planted. I have woods behind me and its a struggle to keep the honeysuckle at bay

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Kathy Bochonko

I couldn't believe how much honeysuckle there is this year. It is so fragrant that you smell it as soon as you open the door. It is starting to fade a little but abut 2 days ago it was amazing how incredible it smelled. I had to keep reminding myself that this is an evil plant and that i hate it but it was fabulous to smell it. I also notice the poison ivy is taking off like crazy. i think it is since we didn't have a late freeze like last year, plus we have had decent rainfall, everything is happy.

Bookmark   May 17, 2008 at 8:50PM
buford(7 NE GA)

Yes, I smelled lots of honey suckle today. I actually have some growing up the front of my house. It was supposed to be late blooming red honey suckle, but it looks just like the stuff growing all over my back yard. But it does smell great.

Bookmark   May 18, 2008 at 9:53PM
shot(8 - GA)

I just had to spray one of my fence lines with Roundup as the honey suckle was taking over.

Shot

Bookmark   May 19, 2008 at 7:56AM
More Discussions
Houston triumph tulips
Hi. In georgia, what month do Houston Triumph Tulips...
tulipwedding
Georgia (Piedmont region) - new NABA chapter
To all butterfly enthusiasts in Georgia: The North...
memays
N. Ga. Mountain region
We've purchased a home with what appear to be 6 established...
eagleap_gw Zone 10
Insured Tree Removal Cmp recommendations
Is there a good INSURED & reasonable tree removal...
vnginger
Shade Garden Ideas Help
I am renting a townhouse that has a 4X4 foot square...
jerseygarden123
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™