Microphone Ginger

megazords(ZONE 9)December 29, 2004

What is it really called. I have seen some gingers that look like a microphone i would like to grow some but dont know what they are called people just laugh at me when i say it looks like a mic.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rayandgwenn(z11 Puerto Rico)

I'm not exactly sure what you have in mind, but locally any of these are often referred to as "microphone" or "beehive" gingers ...

  • Zingiber Spectablis

  • Zingiber Zerumbet

  • Zingiber Darcyi

Do a Google search and see if any of these are what you're thinking about.

Hope this helps!


    Bookmark   December 29, 2004 at 9:52AM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Is this ginger flowering?
Hi, Is this ginger bud? Thanks in advance. Anna This...
book: Gingers of Peninsular Malaysia and Singapore?
Hello, I'm looking for information about torch ginger...
How do I store ginger for planting next spring?
Hi, I bought a huge ginger root from Indonesia and...
Hedychium 'tara' and 'disney'
Does anyone grow both tara and disney and/or know what...
Turmeric in FL?
Anyone have any problems growing it? Mine looks so...
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™