Need Some Help PLease

gypsy124May 31, 2010

In my yard I have a small fountain area. On either side of the fountain are triangles of dirt measuring about 3x3x3. These areas get full sun almost all day. Can anyone suggest what I can plant there? I'm thinking something small & hopefully, something with color. I'm at a loss as I'm not much of a gardener & given the heat we get here in the summer, I don't want to plant something that will burn up in a couple of weeks. lol

Thanks,

Gypsy

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bagsmom(7)

How about good old lantana? You could do the hardy variety and have it come back year after year!

:)

Bookmark   May 31, 2010 at 7:49PM
telx2

If the fountain is near a walk way a a creeping gardenia might be nice. The smell as it blooms is wonderful and the nice part is it would stay green in the winter. The only disadvantage would be you might need to throw a sheet over it if it gets really cold, although, to be honest I put one in last spring and didn't cover it all winter and it looks great! You would just want to be careful of the type of gardenia and talk to someone at the nursery to choose a variety that won't get too big for the space. Otherwise lantana is a good idea. Or, there are all sorts of ideas for annuals, of course those you have to replant every year...

Hope this helps,

Katie

Bookmark   June 2, 2010 at 7:12PM
tifbee(7)

Hydrangea and peonies love full sun. They are not that attractive (hydrangea lose their leaves and peonies are cut down each year) in the winter months but are beautiful and hardy the rest of the year.

Bookmark   June 3, 2010 at 11:55AM
satellitehead(z8 ATL Metro)

sedum or dianthus

Bookmark   June 7, 2010 at 10:17PM
More Discussions
Atlanta Seed swap
Would anyone be interested in doing an Atlanta seed...
planterjeff
pomegranates
UGA's website said that most named pomegranates do...
esthermgr
Where should I plant a fatsia japonica?
Other than, in a milder climate. I've had it in a pot...
esga
Where to find African Violets in Atlanta
Does anyone that uses this forum know a nursery in...
frankielynnsie
Is anyone using rock dust in the garden?
I learned about rock dust a few days ago and I want...
kngskid
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™