Score!

yomamanem(7B Georgia)May 17, 2008

I was looking for 'Knock-out' roses today and the only ones I could find here in my town were $19 to $25 for a 3-gallon plant. (I actually wanted 1 gal. plants.) I went to Lowes in Douglasville and they had 3-gallon plants for $12.99 and double bloom plants in 3 gal. containers for $14.99. They were very bud-loaded and healthy. Wow, the prices sure do vary!

Where can I get cross vine?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
esh_ga

The Home Depot on 92 in Roswell had one gallon 'Tangerine Beauty' crossvine last week for $7.43 (who comes up with these prices?).

Bookmark   May 17, 2008 at 11:26PM
yomamanem(7B Georgia)

After looking at comments about crossvine or trumpet climber, I think I will pass. It seems to be described as the vine from he!!.

Bookmark   May 18, 2008 at 9:57AM
esh_ga

Actually those comments are usually reserved for Trumpet Creeper (Campsis radicans), not Crossvine (Bignonia capreolata).

Bookmark   May 18, 2008 at 10:50AM
razorback33(z7)

Went to HD Friday to pick up some mulch(used all of my free pine needles, for the first time,ever!)and they were unloading 3-gal.KO Roses, which appeared to have been delivered in the rear of a open bed truck. The leaves and blooms(what was left of them), were very tattered and few unopened buds.
They were priced at $18 or maybe $20, no one was sure. I wouldn't have paid more than $1 for them, as they were in such bad shape.
Rb

Bookmark   May 18, 2008 at 11:21AM
Bumblebeez SC Zone 7

I have bought most of my 25 or so knockouts in the fall at 50-75% off. They usually looked pretty bad. The following spring, however! Gorgeous. These are really tough plants and I wouldn't worry about some abuse from the store or truck. But I would want them marked down.

Bookmark   May 18, 2008 at 1:58PM
More Discussions
Camellia sinensis
"Camellia Sinensis" Tolerates more sun than...
girlgroupgirl
online peonies
Just ordered some peonies from a California nursery...
raptor1
Pomegranate tree
Will a pomegranate tree grow amd produce fruit in GA?...
natalie4b
Is anyone using rock dust in the garden?
I learned about rock dust a few days ago and I want...
kngskid
N. Ga. Mountain region
We've purchased a home with what appear to be 6 established...
eagleap_gw Zone 10
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™