HAVE: Mini Luffa, Spoon, & Extra Long Handled Dipper Gourd Seeds

hermitonthehill(7a/b)April 12, 2007

Have mini luffa gourd seeds - smaller than regular luffa but same great fiber core for use in bath, for dishwashing, cutting/slicing and embedding in homemade soap, etc. Hand-pollinated upon blooms' opening, tied closed to insure purity of seed.

Have Spoon Gourd seeds - wonderful little hardshelled gourd perfect for cutting lengthwise to fashion into spoons. These in a limited amount/#

Have Extra Long Handled Dipper Gourd seeds - these are specifically from specimens that provided not only the extra long necks, but proved trainable for curious twists and turns - prime for braiding, weaving, knots, etc. if you train your gourds for these elaborate designs - or just to get a nice long handled dipper :) Necks/handles on these were three feet+ in length.

Aside from other things listed on my want/trade lists, I am currently seeking *pure* seed for Bushel Gourd, Birdhouse Gourd (in order to provide for a welcome back invitation for the Martins next year), and Apple Gourd -- but not limited to those. Just tell me what you've got. :) No telling what will tickle my fancy or for use with the youth gardening group I volunteer with. Open to sending some seeds for SASE/SASBE if nothing really of interest or availability in trade.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jlynn(8 sc)

I have Birdhouse gourd seeds. Definitely pure-was only person in town growing gourds last year and this was only type I grew. I also have extra apple gourd seeds I received in trade so cannot attest to purity.

I've been looking for yellow pear tomato seeds. Would be very happy to trade for that if you have or something else.

Bookmark   April 12, 2007 at 8:52PM
vic_zn5

Hi, I'm sending you an email.
Vicky

Bookmark   May 15, 2007 at 3:32PM
ediblegardengoddess(5)

hi could i send you postage for mini luffa gourd seeds,unless you see some seeds on my list you would like,i'd be glad to trade,thanks,Sheila

Bookmark   May 25, 2007 at 9:01AM
renn(WV)

I would like to trade for some of the spoon and luffas.
I have birdhouse and dipper gourds or I have other vegetable seeds to trade.

Bookmark   June 3, 2007 at 12:05PM
kymickeymouse

I would like some of your Mini Luffa, Spoon, & Extra Long Handled Dipper Gourd Seeds. Please look at my list to see if we can work up a trade or will send sasbe. Will also send you and email. Thank you. Colleen

Bookmark   October 4, 2007 at 10:45AM
More Discussions
WANTED: Long Island Cheese
I am looking for some Long Island cheese pumpkin seeds...
catman529
HAVE: Rouge Vif D' Etampes
Willing to trade Rouge Vif D' Etampes A.K.A. Cinderella...
pepperfanman
Pumpkin,Winter Squash and Gourd Swap at the Round Robin Forum
I know I am way late posting this here...I should have...
sunnyk
HAVE: Pumpkin seeds
i have Garnetts Small Round pumpkin i'm looking for...
peppergrowman09
HAVE: Angled luffa gourd
Had a bumper crop this year; make great soup/stir-fry,...
piksi_hk
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™