Nice weather for the weekend!

esh_gaMay 6, 2010

Oh, the forecast looks so promising - cool, dry days. Perfect for working on some of those chores I haven't had/made time for before: edging the grass, picking up sticks, cutting down that big ol' holly (chinese!) on the corner of the house ....

I'm making my list of things to do. How about you?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cyrus_gardner(8)

I am not into much landscaping things , though I do grass mowing etc.
But I do love gardening, growing new things. I am pretty much all set with veggies of various kinds.
Now I am focusing a bit on beautification and planting annual flowers.
I have started some allyssum, marigolds, petunia, and zinia. Also my purple hyacinth
pole beans are growing though very slowly. So are Passion flowers vines poking up , joining the chorus of climbers.
We are getting close to the show time.

Happy gardening ye'all

Bookmark   May 7, 2010 at 12:51AM
bagsmom(7)

My number one chore right now is to go around the edge of my grass area and meticulously trim back all the little "fingers" of Bermuda grass that are trying to walk into my flower beds!!!!!!

Then I need to continue work on the slope, removing another foot wide strip of grass so I can eventually replace it with ground cover.

The veggies are planted -- squirrel patrol will start soon!

We are now at the point where everything can get out of control fast! You can just feel the plants ready to burst with energy!

I can't wait for the weekend!!!!!!

Bookmark   May 7, 2010 at 7:19AM
girlgroupgirl(8 ATL)

I plan to do some heavy work filling a new bed area with soil, and doing some rock work. Then plant a pineapple guava there. We need to weed wack the "wild" area, pinestraw some places, and dig out an area of the garden which has, believe it or not, NO acidity what soever and add some acids. I am going to angle for a trip to Hastings I think. I have not been there in many, many years.

Bookmark   May 7, 2010 at 10:03AM
More Discussions
have: have: composted horse manure
I have composted horse manure on my farm, looking to...
horsecompost
Camellia sinensis
"Camellia Sinensis" Tolerates more sun than...
girlgroupgirl
free partially bags of fertilizer, lime, etc.
Can't move these. I have partial bags of fertilizer,...
Tricia
Landscape plant suggestions please Eatonton/Milledgeville, GA
Greetings All, My husband and I have purchased a property...
motherofdog
Native shade plant recommendations
I live just north of Atlanta and am looking for recommendations...
atrox
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™