WANTED: have hostas to trade for ornamental grasses

markluvskathy(4/5)August 16, 2004

Hello! I just recently moved and am in the process of digging up my hostas to join me!

I am looking for ornamental grasses for my mother! Mom lives in zone 4, (iowa) so that might make a difference! I have tried to get her into hostas, but she insists on this! I know she really wants blue, pink, and purple colored grasses? Pretty much any color but solid green! I know nothing about grasses, so I will leave it up to you. I would really like to make shipping worthwhile, so at least 3 different grasses would be nice.

Thank you!

Kathy

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mtgirl(z5WPA)

Have blue lyme grass to trade for one of your hostas. But I ma leaving for Ireland for a week-will return on the 30th. If you would like to contact me then about a trade please do so and send a copy of this email along Thanks Shirley

Bookmark   August 18, 2004 at 7:24PM
FlowersForMyFarm(WI z4)

Hi. My husband planted a bunch of interesting grasses this year and they seem to be growing quite rapidly. By next spring they should be large enough to divide and trade. I'm hopelessly addicted to hostas so if you're interested in setting up a trade for next spring let me know and I can give you the names and description of what we have.

Bookmark   August 25, 2004 at 3:46PM
flight(z5OH)

Hi,
I only have one grass - I believe it is a micanthus - anyways it has a white stripe on each leaf. Very pretty, gets maybe 18" tall, has pretty flowers 'when'. This spreads to make big clumps. VERY easy.
If you are interested I will dig a bunch for whatever hostas you would like to trade. I only have a pretty common green & white one and a bright green wavy leaf type.
Thanks
I also have chameleon plant - ask your Mom. It is a groundcover, pink, green, white leaf and white flowers. Spreads nice and very striking looking. I think it should come up soon (perennial here in zone 5)

Bookmark   April 23, 2005 at 9:46PM
More Discussions
WANTED: Wanted Japanese Bloodgrass
I am really looking for Japanese Bloodgrass, does anyone...
lovesherflowers
HAVE: Free for the digging
I just bought a house and there are two mature variegated...
KLSK
HAVE: Karl Foerster and flowering perennials for Spring Trad
Will trade for the Miscanthus Floridulus (giganteus),...
happytomato2008
HAVE: Stipa gigantia
Have one large plant that needs a home. You'll be able...
dirtface
HAVE: Variegated Arundo Donax, and more
Andropogon glomeratus Bouteloua gracilis Hakonechloa...
johncrthomas
Sponsored Products
Original FUF Chair 5 ft. King Wide-Wale Corduroy Bean Bag Sofa - 0005334
$190.53 | Hayneedle
Arc, Patio Furniture
$880.00 | FRONTGATE
Deck Light
Design Within Reach
Personalized Hurricane - D
$125.00 | Horchow
Westek 20 in. White Halogen Cabinet Light UB3HB
$22.49 | Home Depot