WANTED: Seeking arundo donax var.

mattlward(z5 central IL)September 21, 2004

I would love to find some of this. I have some mature chinese silver reed grass, you know the kind that for me hits 13 feet tall and I could also spare some Miscanthus "Nippon". Nippon for me forms a nice toadstool that is about 4 feet tall.

Thanks Matt

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tlcurrey(z9 Ca)

Please be careful with this monser of a plant. If you freeze it is not a problem, but for us in the warmer states it is choking our creeks and streams. In my area of CA this plant can grow up to 1 foot a week and I have had people hacking 35 ft. stands of it down.

Just a word to the wise.

Bookmark   February 5, 2005 at 2:01AM
peterknop(z7 VA)

I would be interested in the Chinese silver reed grass and might have some arundo - but will be a couple weeks to determine as it can be difficult to transplant something small (easy to dig a big hunk of it - so have to see what sprouts this spring. It will not b e a problem for you up there - in good conditions will give you 12 to 15 feet. Down south, it can be a pain....
Write me if still need/want it and we will see what we can do :-)
Peter

Bookmark   March 26, 2005 at 2:43AM
art777(34984)

Yes!Have lots-LOTS of arundo donax.....I can send a box of wellrooted ones-It grows to six feet-and forms a wonderful barrier or background if you need to fence off a not so great neighbor-or view-or can be a bamboo-like screen.Doesn't need care!!!!A;ways a plus!!!E mail me atArtnantiks@bellsouth.net-Marilyn-I am in Florida,and boast a fabulous garden!In trade-what do you have?........

Bookmark   April 18, 2005 at 11:22PM
More Discussions
HAVE: Arundo donax
The giant reed is mistaken for bamboo, used for flutes,...
lion
HAVE: Have Ribbon Grass for Astibles, or zone 3 Grasses
Looking for Reds, white, etc. Astibles....Also have...
happytomato2008
HAVE: arundo donax, hibiscus, ros, artemesia, crinum, basil,iris
Hi - I have arundo donax, hibiscus, ros, artemesia, crinum,...
tina_2
WANTED: Wanted Pink Pampus, Sedums
Would love to receive a small clump (4-8 inch pot of...
bronwynspetalpatch
HAVE: Have Velvet Witchgrass (Dichanthelium scoparium)
Want ferns, hostas, or other woodland/shade plants...
yankeedog
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™