Indiana Gourd Show

magickiwi(Zone 5 Michigan)February 21, 2008

Just a reminder that the 16th Annual Indiana Gourd Show is being held at the St Joseph County Fair Grounds in South Bend, Indiana on April 4, 5 and 6th. If you haven't seen magnificent gourd art before, do put the dates on your calendars and check it out. Workshops are also being offered as well as competitions - you will be amazed! You can do a search for Indiana gourd show and get all the information you need or you can email me.

Hope to see you there!

Rita from Michigan

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
magickiwi(Zone 5 Michigan)

Hey - you should've been there! This was one of the best Gourd Shows I have been to. Lots of great classes, the new location was superb, lots of wonderful vendors and the gourd competitions were amazing! Have to brag tho that Michigan gourd artists took home over 60 ribbons! Awesome gourds!
If you get a chance to get to a gourd show in your area take the time to travel and enjoy yourselves! When we get photos processed we will post them so you can see just what can be done with the humble gourds - you will be impressed!
Happy Spring
Rita in Michigan

Bookmark   April 7, 2008 at 4:20PM
gourd_friends(z5/6 IL)

Hi Rita,
Thanks for the great report on the Gourd Show! I'm glad to hear that it went so well.
Congrats to the Michigan gourd folk on all the ribbons.

I'm getting a late start on ordering my seed, but looking forward to getting my gourd patch up and growing.

Jan in Illinois

Bookmark   April 12, 2008 at 12:37AM
magickiwi(Zone 5 Michigan)

Hi all - I finally got the photos of the Michigan gourds that were entered in competition posted to a storage site ... be sure to check them out! If you don't know about gourd art you are in for a terrific surprise when you see what can be done with gourds. Enjoy!
Jan - glad you are back home safely and hope you had a good time "out west"! You missed a really good show.
Cheers - Rita in Michigan

Here is a link that might be useful: Michigan Entries in Indiana Gourd Show

Bookmark   April 26, 2008 at 10:48PM
More Discussions
Nadym pink
C. maxima 'Nadym pink' (Np) is as a sibbling of Nadym...
acorneti
Splendid SquashSwap...What are you growing this year?
Hi guys! I am hosting a pumpkin and squash seed swap!...
fresc1000
Is There A Black Pumpkin?
I'll say up front I'm fairly sure the answer is "No,...
Edymnion
HAVE: Round Robin SquashSwap
http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/roundrobin/msg011538403422.html?6...
fresc1000
How to ammend soil and seed timing
We live on a rocky hillside in Southern California....
Suzi AKA DesertDance
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™