Looking for references for local nursery that does landscaping

Homechicken(7b/metro-Atlanta)June 7, 2011

I live in Grayson and The Family Tree Garden Center is just up the road from me. We've always had better luck with the plants we've bought there than at any of the other nurseries/box stores near us and I see on their website they have a landscape design/installation team also. I've been toying with the idea of doing a major renovation to our front yard this fall if I choose to stick with Fescue, or next spring if I go with Zoysia. I want to rip out our old lawn and flower beds and regrade to smooth and change the slope to improve drainage where needed, lay new sod and build a raised level flower bed along the front about 1/2 the size of the one that's there now. I basically want more grass with less stuff to mow around and fewer flowers/shrubs to take care of. Right now the front yard is almost 1/4 taken up with a giant flower bed/azalea patch and the flower bed along the front of the house is the same way. We probably have in the neighborhood of 30 Azaleas out front and I want them all gone. I love Azaleas but I'm tired of them and ready for something different.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rosiew(8 GA)

Incredibly ambitious plans, which sound great. Would you consider offering the azaleas to fellow gardeners?

Cannot make recommendations, but would ask Family Tree Garden Center for references from customers they've done major work for.

Rosie, in Sugar Hill

Bookmark   June 9, 2011 at 6:31AM
Homechicken(7b/metro-Atlanta)

Rosie, I've already considered it. Two problems I see are I don't want to do it too soon because I don't want big holes all over the yard too long prior to begining work on the renovation and they're all old mature plants that will be quite a chalenge to dig up and separate. They're all close together and I'm sure their roots are entertwined badly.

Bookmark   June 9, 2011 at 8:02AM
rosiew(8 GA)

Homechicken, agree they wouldn't be at all easy to transplant, probably not even possible.

Know you're going to love the finished front. Good luck.

Rosie

Bookmark   June 11, 2011 at 5:46PM
More Discussions
Georgia (Piedmont region) - new NABA chapter
To all butterfly enthusiasts in Georgia: The North...
memays
free partially bags of fertilizer, lime, etc.
Can't move these. I have partial bags of fertilizer,...
Tricia
Landscape plant suggestions please Eatonton/Milledgeville, GA
Greetings All, My husband and I have purchased a property...
motherofdog
Growing on a slope in North Georgia
I live in very N. Georgia. Basically Chattanooga, Tn....
Natdiamond
Where should I plant a fatsia japonica?
Other than, in a milder climate. I've had it in a pot...
esga
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™