Reblooms, lates and lasts on Friday

shive(6b TN)July 19, 2014

I love the way the cooler temperatures are making some daylilies darker and richer in color than what I normally see. The rain is helping a bit too, especially in beds that were not getting supplemental watering.

AERIAL APPLIQUE was one with richer color this morning. It is reblooming.

TIFFANY SHADE, a late, looks more raspberry today.

SUGAR MAGNOLIA is a much darker rose with a more pronounced lighter watermark today. The watermark has hints of peach on hotter days.

INCA PRINCE, with the last bloom on the scape, is so much richer in color than last month when I photographed it.

REGAL FINALE, a late, looked very velvety at mid morning.

UNINHIBITED is reblooming well.

ROYAL JESTER has just begun to bloom and is well budded too!

TECHNY PEACH LACE didn't get watered enough during the dry spell and its colors are lighter than normal.

KISSES FROM HEAVEN is really liking the rain and cooler temps. This is deepest pink edge I've ever seen on it.

NATALIE ANTOINETTE is reblooming in a bed that is still really dry despite two days of rain.

Columbus napping on a gray, rainy morning.

Debra

This post was edited by shive on Sat, Jul 19, 14 at 12:55

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Maryl zone 7a

I love it when you include kitty pictures. Columbus looks so peaceful. Not a care in the world....Boy, what a nice shot of Royal Jester. Really stands out...... You enabled me on Natalie A. but alas it got chucked out during my rust attact a couple of years ago. I didn't even get to see it bloom. But yours is, as always, a beauty..........Maryl

Bookmark   July 19, 2014 at 3:22PM
nat4b(4)

All flowers look beautiful! My very favorite are the last four. Royal Jester is such a nice bicolor. Techny Peach Lace is pretty and has a nice edge. Both pinks are beautiful, esp love Natalie Antoinette.
Aww, sleeping kitty :)

Bookmark   July 19, 2014 at 10:08PM
mantis__oh

Natalie Antoinette decided not to bloom this year. It is evidently one of my more tender Stamiles. Like Royal Jester and Inca Prince.

Bookmark   July 19, 2014 at 10:20PM
Laura twixanddud(5b MI)

Inca Prince always looks great, as does Columbus!

Bookmark   July 20, 2014 at 7:21AM
shive(6b TN)

Mantis - I'm sorry Natalie Antoinette was a no show for you. I lost some fans of it over the winter, and some surviving fans did not scape here. The scape that gets sun the longest is the one that is reblooming. I've got to make sure I mulch it in the future.

Maryl - I'm so sorry you lost Natalie Antoinette in your rust attack. My clump was reduced by Old Man Winter, so I'm back to only four fans.

Nat - Royal Jester is a pretty bicolor and a great late. It's always one the last to bloom, generally has good bud count, and sometimes reblooms here.

Debra

Bookmark   July 20, 2014 at 12:06PM
organic_kitten(8)

Columbus looks comfortable rainy or not. Royal Jester is beautiful. I like Techny Peach lace, and Sugar Magnolia (love the name) and Aerial Applique looks really good. Inca Prince is a favorite of mine and that is a lovely shot, Debra.
kay

Bookmark   July 23, 2014 at 10:54AM
shive(6b TN)

Kay - Thanks for the comments! Sugar Magnolia is my favoroite pink UF. It's not normally that contrasty between the petal color and the watermark.

Debra

Bookmark   July 23, 2014 at 11:45AM
More Discussions
Rice Daylilies
I've grown quite a few of the daylilies hybridized...
Julia NY
Pauline Henry daylilies
I was brousing a couple of daylily sites the other...
Maryl zone 7a
I need help on plant choice for a narrow strip walkway 1' X 40'
I live in Southern California beach area. Currently...
anna
Time for desirable "D" daylilies!
Time to dig in the files for your "D"s! Lets...
sherrygirl zone5
Pet Peeves
As spring has sprung and our thoughts turn to blooms,...
Maryl zone 7a
Sponsored Products
Home Decorators Accent Rug: Cyrus Burgundy 2' 6" x 4' Half Round
$59.00 | Home Depot
Bond Street 18-inch Black Wall Clock
Overstock.com
Riptide Garbage Disposer - 1/2 Horsepower
Signature Hardware
Refrax Stainless Steel 11-Light Crystal Swarovski Elements Pendant Light, 25W x
Bellacor
Bel Air Dalton Outdoor Wall Light - 16.75H in. - 4411 SWI
$41.99 | Hayneedle