There Ought to be a Law (or not?)

joanie_pomseed(8)November 4, 2010

A federal law against packaging food/drugs/soap/etc. in plastic containers not marked for recycling--what do you think? For practical reasons, if such a law existed, it would have to make allowances for products/containers that predate it. That much I'm sure of, but what other problems would there be?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sylviatexas1

Whatever problems might arise, the benefit would surely outweigh them.

Bookmark   November 14, 2010 at 3:21PM
jschiff2

I think we have enough Federal hoops to jump through. This sort of stuff should be handled by the states. I swear it's as if the 10th amendment doesn't even exist anymore.

Bookmark   January 19, 2013 at 11:52AM
led_zep_rules(5 WI)

I agree that there should be some law to make things more recyclable by telling us what is in them. Handled by the states?!? I'm sorry, you want manufacturers to have to deal with up to 50 different sets of regulations on packaging? That makes no sense at all.

My particular pet peeve is the plastic stickers on fruit. I do fairly large scale composting, and taking the plastic stickers off rotting fruit is very time consuming and messy.

Bookmark   March 25, 2013 at 9:00PM
resistanceisfertile(4)

State rights have gone the way of the Buffalo. And the fed is a bumbling giant who spies on us and can't pass an effective law to save their lives. Why not let the states take care of this? Maybe then corporations would have a little trouble getting so giant that they wield more power than the government. It would encourage local business, and in turn smaller business and local farming.

Bookmark   June 29, 2013 at 3:19PM
resistanceisfertile(4)

State rights have gone the way of the Buffalo. And the fed is a bumbling giant who spies on us and can't pass an effective law to save their lives. Why not let the states take care of this? Maybe then corporations would have a little trouble getting so giant that they wield more power than the government. It would encourage local business, and in turn smaller business and local farming.

Bookmark   June 29, 2013 at 3:20PM
More Discussions
Rain Barrel
Has anyone been able to find any truly attractive,...
Brucea1
Eco-Friendly things to Plant for Pollinators and Birds
Since this is a "garden" forum, let's look...
edlincoln
Getting rid of old mattress
We need a new mattress but my husband won't buy one...
plantladyco
Eco friendly way to disinfect a bathroom
Hi everyone, I initially posted this over on the cleaning...
kristimama
Ever thought of adding chickens to your garden?
Eggstra Eggstra! Read all about it! Brace yourself...
WyldeCenter
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™