Has anyone used 2 types of ajuga to contrast different areas?

sandyinva(7A)January 28, 2007

I was wondering if this would work in my little wooded section in the backyard: I like both burgandy glow and bronze ajuga. Will they maintain their own space if I were to use some of the burgandy around my solid hostas and ferns, Hellebores, and some of the bronze near my variegated plants and shrubs?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
diggerdee

I'm not sure if I can answer your question, sandy, but I just wanted to share my experience with the Burgundy Glow. I tried planting it three years in a row, and it just wasn't very vigorous. Each year only one plant would make it over the winter, and then that plant would fizzle.

Perhaps you would have better luck, but in my garden, I would think the more vigorous bronze would kick its butt, lol! That ajuga does very well in my yard, and probably would not let Burgundy Glow have its own spot. Too bad - well, for me, at least - because I love Burgundy Glow. It's really quite nice.

:)
Dee

Bookmark   February 2, 2007 at 5:01PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sandyinva(7A)

I am not going to mix them together: I have specific areas where I will plant each, I will repost this summer to report on the results.

sandy

Bookmark   February 25, 2007 at 7:38PM
More Discussions
Dichondra - next to lawn, grow from seed, watering needs
Hello, I want to change the subject of the posting...
kwoksmusic
at a loss on good ground cover...
I would like a ground cover to fill in the rest of...
bgaviator
Advice on transplanting kinnickinick
Hello, I've decided to reduce my slope because it is...
YorkiePooMama
ajuga over Daffodil bulbs?
I am getting conflicting information about whether...
pink_petals
Miniature clover, anyone try it?
I just heard about it. They claim you can even replace...
Emerogork2
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™