Panicum Dallas Blues my new fave

juicylucy(z5 IN)March 30, 2006

This was a new addition to the garden last year and by far my favorite new grass. I need more, more, more! What a beauty. I cut it back yesterday and was hesitant to do so because it was still beautiful, even in dormancy. Can't wait to see it again in all its glory.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
layla_2006(5b)

I just recently ordered a Dallas Blues online so I'm looking forward to seeing how it will look in my yard. I was wondering how it would look next to a Shenandoah? I planted one of those last year and it is lovely. I read somewhere the contrast between the two is very interesting.
Any ideas?

Bookmark   March 31, 2006 at 4:16AM
juicylucy(z5 IN)

Oh, layla, you are going to LOVE this grass! Beat me with a stick but I'm not growing Shenandoah, not sure why. It is gorgeous also, must get some! I have Pennisetum Karley Rose growing near Dallas Blues and I really like the arching form and smokey blooms of Karley paired w/DB.

Bookmark   March 31, 2006 at 10:19AM
layla_2006(5b)

JL, that sounds like a great idea! I have actually ordered 2 Karley Rose fountain grasses and wasn't sure where I was going to put them. I have toyed around with the idea of putting one of them next to my black fountain grass (moudry-a favorite of mine) and now you have given me another idea. Thanks!

Bookmark   March 31, 2006 at 3:23PM
More Discussions
What grass is this??
Hi all, does anybody recognize this grass (the big...
linda21h
Link to picture of grasses?
Does anyone know a link where I can see what kind of...
tiver43809
Hakonechloa All Gold looking rough
I have an area of my yard that stays pretty well shaded...
mayflower537
Propagation of Nassella laevissima "Golden Hair Grass" from seed?
I posted on this plant back on July 8 in the "Growing...
mark4321_gw
Beach grasses great online/cataloge companies
We need to landscape our home in a beach community...
dis2cruise
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™