Locating Arundo Donax

grass_lover(z5a IA)March 18, 2005

Hi,

I'm looking for Arundo Donax in the south-east Iowa area. Can anyone tell me if they know of a nursery I can find it in? I don't live too far from Burlington or Oskaloosa Iowa and within a couple of hours from Quincy. ~ I know I can order it through the mail but would rather pick it up close to home, although if I could find a place in Des Moines or Chicago that could send it to me, I guess it wouldn't be too long in the mail. ~~Any help you can give me would be great!! Thanks, Darla

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Skybird - z5, Denver, Colorado

Arundo donax is usually grown as a hardy water plant. Since ponds and water gardening are so common nowadays, I recommend calling your nearest garden centers and asking if they carry water gardening supplies and plants. If they do, they should have Arundo. Too bad you don't live in Denver! I could recommend two or three places that carry it, but if you start calling around, I don't think it will be that hard to find. Besides garden centers, try looking under water gardening in the yellow pages.

Bookmark   March 20, 2005 at 12:49AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
grass_lover(z5a IA)

Thanks Skybird,

I hadn't thought about it being a water garden plant. The rain barrels were putting in might come in pretty handy! :)

Bookmark   March 20, 2005 at 11:45AM
More Discussions
Splitting my Maiden Grass
I plan on splitting my grass in the spring. When is...
purpleshovel
Looking for Pink Muhly grass
Hi Guys, Popped in to see if anyone had pink muhly...
bri_fl
Northwinds planting in Central TX
I am considering planting a dozen or so Northwinds...
jscaldwell
Propagation of Nassella laevissima "Golden Hair Grass" from seed?
I posted on this plant back on July 8 in the "Growing...
mark4321_gw
Miscanthus blight?
A few months ago I got some Miscanthis Hinjo at Lowes...
summer99
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™