Pumpkin fertilizers?

MNgardenmanJune 14, 2012

You will also see this same posting on the professional gardener forum because I must have clicked on it by mistake, lol! But anyway, my question is would the Jobes 2-7-4 fertilizer spikes be a good all season fertilizer to use? I also have a 5-1-1 fish emulsion, the vegetables alive fertilizer (cant remember the ratio) and the miracle-gro 24-8-16 water soluable as other options. The pumpkins will be used mainly for Halloween.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
steven1032

using a 5-1-1 fish emulsion should be fine every three or four weeks. i have never used the spikes before. since the spikes are low enough does not seem it will cause nutrient burn.
your choice but i would try one hill with spikes and one without. one hill i would use the spikes in combination with the fish emulsion and the other hill i would use straight fish emulsion.
start a third as an experiment and see what happens. my personal opinion. take it how you want.

Bookmark   July 9, 2012 at 12:08PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
MLGardens

1) send kids to catch 15 small bass.

2) beg wife to use blender

3) have a small party with beer and bbq

4) OUTSIDE let the boys grind the fish up in the blender until they are a nice puree.

5) Bet friend a 12 pack that you will take a sip of it and win by faking a sip. (great entertainment for adolescent boys)

6) store in used milk jugs.

7) add one cup to 5 gallons of water and pour directly on the pumpkin vines where they are coming out of the ground.

8) Enjoy GREAT pumpkins!

Here is a link that might be useful: My blog with cool pictures.

Bookmark   July 25, 2012 at 7:32AM
More Discussions
Will this ever result in an actual pumpkin?
Hi everyone, I'm a newbie. I experimented with planting...
stephiepoopy
Squash varities
Hi! I've never cared much for squash, mostly due to...
HollowOakFarm
Is There A Black Pumpkin?
I'll say up front I'm fairly sure the answer is "No,...
Edymnion
Best way to weatherproof birdhouse gourd?
I made some birdhouses from gourds 2 years ago. Made...
sandlady
Nadym pink
C. maxima 'Nadym pink' (Np) is as a sibbling of Nadym...
acorneti
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™