White/Silver Blotches Fungus?

planter_geek(8)June 15, 2008

My garden was looking very healthy until I got something showing up on the ground vine plants that might be a fungus. I'm not sure what it is, and I can't find my camera to take any pictures. They aren't small white dots like some of the pictures I saw on this forum. I used almost an entire spray bottle going around trying to kill what might be fungus. I look on the bottom sides of the leaves, and the spots dont appear there. I came back about 30 minutes after spraying them, and they still look the same. How long does it take for the fungus spray to work because I'm not even sure if fungus is what I see? It says it has about 1% of some type of oil in it. The spots have not spread to any plants that aren't ground vines, but the Sunflowers aren't looking as healthy either. I think they couldn't handle the fertilizer even though I wasn't using more than the directions said, so I quit using that waiting for them to recover. What is likely to be the problem?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
macmex

It's hard without a photo. Some squash have silver/white markings in the leaves and there is nothing wrong when they do. Here's a picture of a squash which has such markings. Is this anything like yours?

George
Tahlequah, OK

Bookmark   June 15, 2008 at 7:04PM
mickandkairi

I have silvery markings on some of my leaves too... I was told it was ok... I came back after asking with a close up pic to show what I was talking about, instead I'll put it here and hopefully it helps you.

Bookmark   June 15, 2008 at 9:17PM
lunatoo

Macmex, thanks for posting the photo. I just joined this site because my Hybrid Greyzinis also haved silver/white spots on the leaves. I have never had this problem in the past, but then again, I never planted this particular zuke.

I have been going crazy checking for bugs, eggs, etc. I found a few spider mites and small ants which concerns me, but I can probably figure out how to get rid of those pests.

What a relief. I thought I had some horrible disease that would spread to my other plants. Do you know if this "condition" is weather related? I live in MA which I am pretty sure Zone 6. Last week was 90-100 degrees and humid almost all week. This week we have yet to hit 75 degrees.

Bookmark   June 19, 2008 at 12:52PM
macmex

No, it's just built into the genes. For that particular plant, it would be bad news if it didn't have such markings. I think the markings are beautiful.

George

Bookmark   June 20, 2008 at 7:03AM
weirdtrev

Hey George,

What do you have growing in that photo? I really like the look of those leaves.

Bookmark   June 23, 2008 at 10:31PM
poosticks

Hello,

My pumpkin leaves have white blotches on them. Only two though, and the rest of the plant/vine seems healthy. Should I be doing something or...?

Bookmark   July 27, 2010 at 7:51AM
More Discussions
Splendid SquashSwap...What are you growing this year?
Hi guys! I am hosting a pumpkin and squash seed swap!...
fresc1000
This year's winter squash winners and losers
This year I tried the following C Maxima squashes....
tcstoehr
Indoor Pumpkin Plant
Here is my pumpkin plant fully grown indoors with its...
gregplantaine7
wanted: seeds from a large pumpkin
My daughter would like to grow a giant pumpkin next...
hosta_miser
Will this ever result in an actual pumpkin?
Hi everyone, I'm a newbie. I experimented with planting...
stephiepoopy
Sponsored Products
Luna Table Lamp
Lightology
Leucos | Spring Pendant Light
$616.50 | YLighting
White Vitreous China Vessel Sink
Overstock.com
Blue and White Floral Porcelain Temple Jar Table Lamp
Lamps Plus
Frette Hotel Classic Sheet Set
$425.00 | FRONTGATE
P3804 Soft 1-lt Torchiere
LBC Lighting
Step-Ladder Shelves
$139.99 | Dot & Bo
Stufurhome 62" Catherine Double Sink Vanity with Black Galaxy Granite Top - Rich
Modern Bathroom
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™