What is this groundcover-Sorry about quality

hbwright(z7bSC)May 13, 2005

I am letting a friend use my digital so I used my phone for the pictures. My mom has this as as a groundcover between stepping stones and I have some thrown in a pot until I know what to do with it. I just noticed some small yellow flowers on it and thought about using it where I am planning on putting a walking path from my driveway to my frontdoor. It would go in order of this groundcover whick will be walked on rarely, a stepping stone path and then my tall fescue lawn. Anybody with information on this plant?

View from top.

View from side.

It stays low but seems to get kind of bushy when it grows. It doesn't look to be very invasive, just a fast grower but I want to be sure before I'm out there for hours on end pulling it from my lawn.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
chinacat_sunflower(7)

it's a sedum. I have the exact same one at my house, actually- starts out as rosettes, which over the course of the summer turn into something like a charm bracelet of little diamond-shaped leaves.

it will take some foot traffic (it squishes easily, but bounces back fast) and it's pretty much unpeturbed by anything but boggy conditions.

Bookmark   May 13, 2005 at 1:40PM
butterbeanbaby(z5 MO)

This sedum roots very very easily. I tossed some (I thought they were) dead ends into a corner for pick up later and they rooted and grew... now have a nice patch. I have most of mine in an old turkey feeder where they do quite nicely. The patch in the corner has grown quickly, but it doesn't seem invasive and it is easy to pull.

Bookmark   May 23, 2005 at 7:33AM
Kathy Bochonko

I received a bag of cuttings of this from a plant trade. I have now (2 years later) given it to the whole neighborhood. It grows like crazy, but it's roots are super shallow so it can be pulled out very easily. I am not sure about it by a path since it would break when you step on it, although there is so much it would grow right back. It also would have a tendancy to grow over the path itself as some of the pieces I have are at least 15-18 inches long.

Bookmark   May 25, 2005 at 10:45PM
More Discussions
Clover in place of grass
(Cross posted from drought) Can anyone tell me if these...
rosemint
ICE PLANT???
Is anyone else ready for spring? Thanks for viewing....
halocline
Dichondra - next to lawn, grow from seed, watering needs
Hello, I want to change the subject of the posting...
kwoksmusic
Is my dymondia dying?
I have dymondia in a roughly 12' x 12' area with a...
sheckylovejoy
Sponsored Products
Maria Theresa Gold Five-Light 12-Inch Wall Sconce with Royal Cut Golden Teak Smo
$378.00 | Bellacor
ELK Lighting Worthington 27003/1 Outdoor Post Light - Hazelnut Bronze - 11W in.
$146.00 | Hayneedle
Hardy Leather Chair - Brighton Volcano Brown
Joybird Furniture
Princeton Chrome Eight-Light 20-Inch Chandelier with Royal Cut Clear Crystal
$378.00 | Bellacor
Arco Baleno One Light LED Pendant In Satin Nickel And Multi Glass
$152.00 | Bellacor
Simple Surprise Lounge Chair in Gray
$799.99 | Dot & Bo
'Luminosity' 5-piece Pink Abstract Painting
Overstock.com
Belham Living Sullivan Counter Height Desk - Espresso - SHX806ES