How many Zucchini do I have?

Brett801(South Jordan, UT (5))June 22, 2013

Hello all,

Working on my first SqFT Garden and have a Zucchini plant growing and am curious if I have just one or several. This was a single plant purchased from one of the local stores but looking at it with my untrained eye I am seeing multiple stems coming out of the ground. There are a total of 5 (only 2 pictured.

Thoughts???

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
socks

I would say you have 5 plants. Are they all planted in one square foot? I hope someone here will be able to let you know whether to remove a couple (maybe transplant) or just let things go as they are. If you have 5 plants in one place, that will be quite dense when they reach their growing size.

I bought one plant this year and found two in the pot, gently separated them so I have two good plants going, but not in one square foot.

Bookmark   June 23, 2013 at 11:57AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
seysonn(8a WA/HZ 1)

NO MORET THAN 2 PER HILL. me thinks. And it will be hard if not impossible to transplant them at tis stage.

Probably IT WAS NOT a single plant wehen you purchased it . The usually plant multiple seeds of cucurbits per cell. But when transplanting you should choose ONE, TWO or max THREE.

Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 2:02AM
More Discussions
Fresh -dried Ugu(Fluted Pumkin leaves,pods,and seeds available
I have ample supplies of ugu leaves and seeds for sale.Please...
cliff-brazil
Can't decide what to plant, help!
Ok, so we are a squash loving household. As in grew...
beesneeds
Indoor Pumpkin Plant
Here is my pumpkin plant fully grown indoors with its...
gregplantaine7
More phloem for more transportation of assimilates
http://environment.harvard.edu/news/faculty-news/biggest-ever-fruit-world-0 Here...
acorneti
This year's winter squash winners and losers
This year I tried the following C Maxima squashes....
tcstoehr
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™