How many Zucchini do I have?

Brett801(South Jordan, UT (5))June 22, 2013

Hello all,

Working on my first SqFT Garden and have a Zucchini plant growing and am curious if I have just one or several. This was a single plant purchased from one of the local stores but looking at it with my untrained eye I am seeing multiple stems coming out of the ground. There are a total of 5 (only 2 pictured.

Thoughts???

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
socks

I would say you have 5 plants. Are they all planted in one square foot? I hope someone here will be able to let you know whether to remove a couple (maybe transplant) or just let things go as they are. If you have 5 plants in one place, that will be quite dense when they reach their growing size.

I bought one plant this year and found two in the pot, gently separated them so I have two good plants going, but not in one square foot.

Bookmark   June 23, 2013 at 11:57AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
seysonn(8a WA/HZ 1)

NO MORET THAN 2 PER HILL. me thinks. And it will be hard if not impossible to transplant them at tis stage.

Probably IT WAS NOT a single plant wehen you purchased it . The usually plant multiple seeds of cucurbits per cell. But when transplanting you should choose ONE, TWO or max THREE.

Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 2:02AM
More Discussions
Kirbs Bjela Woda
In 2014 I created my first squash and pumpkins for...
acorneti
Will this ever result in an actual pumpkin?
Hi everyone, I'm a newbie. I experimented with planting...
stephiepoopy
Lloyd-ellipsoid
It's hard to grow C. moschata in hardiness Zone 6,...
acorneti
HAVE: Round Robin SquashSwap
http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/roundrobin/msg011538403422.html?6...
fresc1000
Best way to weatherproof birdhouse gourd?
I made some birdhouses from gourds 2 years ago. Made...
sandlady
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™