Where to buy Herbs???

frankielynnsieJuly 5, 2014

Where can you buy herbs in Georgia? Is there a nursery that specializes in herbs?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
esh_ga

Home Depot and Lowes both sell herbs in starter pots (HD had them 5 for $10 for a long time) as does Pikes.

Bookmark   July 5, 2014 at 11:43AM
bobbygil(7)

Hi Frankielynn...this isnt local but if you ever want to go for a nice ride check this place out http://www.sandymushherbs.com/ I keep meaning to go there, i think its like a 3-4 hour ride up in the NC mountains. I doubt theres a herb that they dont have. bobby

Bookmark   July 5, 2014 at 7:08PM
bobbygil(7)

forgot...its also mailorder

Bookmark   July 5, 2014 at 7:10PM
frankielynnsie

I had checked them out and think a visit to the Asheville area should be in my near future. There use to be a place in Athens, Thyme after Thyme or something like that, but it must not be in business anymore.

Bookmark   July 5, 2014 at 10:26PM
zackey(GA 8b)

Maggie's Herbs in St. Augustine has regular and unusual herbs. She will give a free 30-45 minute lecture too if you have a group go there.

Bookmark   July 11, 2014 at 3:18PM
scmatlanta_gw(8a - Athens GA)

Yes, Thyme after Thyme went out of business a few years ago. Very sad and much missed around here.
I think there is (or was) a wonderful herb nursery called Holy Spirit, part of a monastery. All I can find through google is an out of date facebook page, so needs some research to find out if they are still in business and whether they sell to the public.

Bookmark   July 12, 2014 at 8:02AM
frankielynnsie

They are still in business in Conyers but don't have the selection that Sandy Mush has--We went Fri. If you go you need a 4 wheel, high clearance vehicle. It is hard to find. It is a G/Mom business and she has a lot of plants. It was an adventure!!!

Bookmark   July 13, 2014 at 10:43PM
More Discussions
pomegranates
UGA's website said that most named pomegranates do...
esthermgr
Where to find African Violets in Atlanta
Does anyone that uses this forum know a nursery in...
frankielynnsie
Lake hartwell
Does anyone live on or near the lake? My husband saw...
josephene_gw
Pomegranate tree
Will a pomegranate tree grow amd produce fruit in GA?...
natalie4b
free partially bags of fertilizer, lime, etc.
Can't move these. I have partial bags of fertilizer,...
Tricia
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™