Is Strictus a Late Riser?

lisazone6_ma(z6 MA)May 6, 2005

I'm fairly new to grasses just the past 2-3 years. I planted two miscanthus 'Morning Light' before one survived the winter. I planted what I believe is miscanthis strictus last year and while the Morning Light and my few other grasses, Bowles Golden, Blue Oat Grass, Red Fox Curley Sedge, and a running variegated variety that I don't know the name of are all up, the strictus isn't showing any signs of life yet. I don't know if I'm jumping the gun and it's just not awake yet, or if I should shop for a replacement. I loved it last year and would definitely plant it again, but of course, prefer that my original would return!

Lisa

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
oakiris

I wouldn't give up on it as yet. I'm still waiting for a few of my grasses to show signs of life, too. Last spring I had a clump (sorry, I'm apparently memory-challenged today and can't remember what type) that I was sure was dead. I was planning to shovel prune it - and all of a sudden the grass began putting out leaves. It's doing the same thing to me this year - looks dead, but I'm going to wait!

Holly

Bookmark   May 6, 2005 at 3:08PM
More Discussions
have: variegated "peppermint stick" giant reed grass / arundo do
I have many rhizomes I can trade. This one seems to...
risinsun
Carex Comans 'Frosty Curls' turning brown yellow
I have searched a bit on this subject and have not...
ersh
Pink Muhly Grass Doesn't Bloom
I have 2 pink muhly grass plants. They are about 3...
AnnP603
established Pampus grass dead
hi, about 7 years ago i planted Pampas grass, and it...
bella81762
Beach grasses great online/cataloge companies
We need to landscape our home in a beach community...
dis2cruise
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™